Exhaust Manifold repair

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjd

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I repaired my stock exhaust manifold on a 351C 2V. What is the correct color for the manifold and what is a recommended paint or Ceramic coating? Also I notice my heat shield on the passenger side it looks like it was the old Ford blue color. Can anyone confirm this?

I repaired my stock exhaust manifold on a 351C 2V. What is the correct color for the manifold and what is a recommended paint or Ceramic coating? Also I notice my heat shield on the passenger side it looks like it was the old Ford blue color. Can anyone confirm this?
The manifolds were uncoated cast iron grey (which immediately rusted). Eastwood and VHT make "paint" that will simulated the grey cast iron. But it will only stay if the surface is blasted and and super clean before priming/painting. You can have it ceramic coated but a lot of money. The heat riser should be Ford dark blue (same story on paint application). Chuck

Confirm c9xx.

I had my exhaust manifolds coated silver, cost me like $250 after shipping, tax, license, hazardous waste disposal fee...

Worth every penny to me. I can send a photo of how they look after 8 years of wear and tear in the California environment.

Back