Exhaust Manifolds

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfoot72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Coupe
I recently discovered my passenger side exhaust manifold on my 1972 Ford Mustang has 2 cracks in it. I’m thinking of moving toward headers to replace them. Any advice on what to get and where to buy them? I looked at some Hooker Competition Headers on Summit Racing

I am running the headman long tube headers for the 2v heads. They fit great and have plenty of ground clearance. I purchased them un-coated (I think from Summit) and had my local coating shop do cera-kote on the outside and insul-kote the inside. ended up about the same price as buying them coated but a much better coating than from the factory.

Headmans fit very well. The collectors on the Hookers are way to close to the trans pan for my liking.
So quick question. If I’m not modifying my exhaust and I’m just keeping that stock. Should i get headers or just find a stock exhaust manifold? I’m having trouble finding an exhaust manifold that is 351 Cleveland specific, all the ones I’m finding are 250, 289, and 302. I’ve also heard that headers can cause exhaust leaks pretty easily..

Headmans fit very well. The collectors on the Hookers are way to close to the trans pan for my liking.
So quick question. If I’m not modifying my exhaust and I’m just keeping that stock. Should i get headers or just find a stock exhaust manifold? I’m having trouble finding an exhaust manifold that is 351 Cleveland specific, all the ones I’m finding are 250, 289, and 302. I’ve also heard that headers can cause exhaust leaks pretty easily..

I may have a set in my stash of parts at my brothers house.  I just can't get there till the weekend. Mike

I may have a set in my stash of parts at my brothers house.  I just can't get there till the weekend. Mike
I have a cracked exhaust manifold also on my 1970 cougar 351 cleveland.  Looking at hedman headers as stock manifolds are hard to find for passenger side. Keep us updated as to  what you are going to do.

Back