Exhaust

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burbygurby

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mach 1 q-code
I am rebuilding teh 351c 4v that came with my mach 1 and the original exhaust system is rusted to useless. I have the original headers and plan to use them even though they are more restrictive but could I get some advice on what to look for. I don't know how hard it would be but honestly i would love to build it myself but I dont know what kind of undertaking that would be.

I’ve never done a poll, but I suspect most of us took our cars to a muffler place to replace our systems. Now, if you want to put on a “stock” type of system or kit, you could do that. If you want something custom, I’d lean towards a shop. But, if you’ve got the will . . .

I’ve never done a poll, but I suspect most of us took our cars to a muffler place to replace our systems. Now, if you want to put on a “stock” type of system or kit, you could do that. If you want something custom, I’d lean towards a shop. But, if you’ve got the will . . .
I bought a complete set that was coated and mandrel bent so I could get the complete benefit of the dual exhaust system. Since it is a H code it had single exhaust so I went for the Mach1 rear valance and chrome tips. I hope the aftermarket sound is not real loud.

I took mine to S-n-S Muffler in Kemah Tx. The old dude is a one man operation. He ordered my Flowmaster mufflers and stainless steel exhaust tips and bent me a beautiful 2.5 inch H pipe system. His work helped many a show car win competitions.

I still have exhaust manifolds on my c code 71. I ordered the factory pieces and the optional Flow Master mufflers and knock off tips. I did weld bolts on top of the mufflers to add an aluminum heat shield since they are so close to the floor. So I bolted it all together and it came out pretty good

Latest posts

Back