Factory ran out of Deluxe door panels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind you are comparing your 1971 window sticker [ with optional decor group ] to Iymans 1972 sticker when deluxe door panels / interior was a standard item.

Good point Don.

I should look around to see if we have one posted on the site from a 71' convertible.

i vaguely remember something years ago like this where if you changed the type of seat material then they degraded the door or dash trim pieces because some designer thought it looked better so they made it policy when ordering a car.

like you ordered the deluxe interior and it came with the comfort weave, and then you said hey the cloth interior looks cooler so the dealer would put in the order as deluxe interior with cloth seats and poof at the factory the deluxe panels and normal dash went in instead of the deluxe you wanted and you might not of been charged for it and forgot about it when the car came 6 months later at the dealership.

i remember stuff like that happened in the 1980s when i would order a car it shows up months later with options missing that i ordered and they would tell me those were removed because of a sun roof or color or radio choice at the factory. then a deduction would never show on the sheet because it was deleted when the invoice was translated from the dealers hand writing to the letter typed factory invoice.

GM was horrible like that and you had to fight for special options. you had to basically know somebody that worked at GM so you could get the correct codes to tell the dealership when you wanted something special done otherwise they would just deny things when they built the car.

Good point about the differance in 71 and 72 sales sheet...

I assume that since the 71 sheet list Decor Group.. that the dlx panels should have been included under that order...

Anyone else here havea 71 with Decor Group and Standard door panels from Dearborn Plant?

Back