Fan speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parforever

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Is it typical for the air blowing out of the vents to be weak? I have replaced my entire heating and A/C system...yes everything. High speed is running at 12 volts but seems weak for speed. All vents are connected with no leaks. I haven't had it on the road to test how well its actually doing, but sitting in the garage it seems like the air flow is weak. It want blow my air back like my newer vehicles :) My assumption is that this is just natural and not a problem.

No it should be pretty strong.

Did you replace the fan with aftermarket?

I had major issues with the aftermarket replacement fan and I had to source an original in working shape.

Well I switched out motors and put the old one in, blows like a champ! Cheap after market motors shouldn't even be sold

It was more then that...

Another issue with the garbage after market fans, they interfere with the original radio, it creates static and a whine that over powers all signal on fm and am from inside the car.

Crazy right.

Well I switched out motors and put the old one in, blows like a champ! Cheap after market motors shouldn't even be sold

It was more then that...

Another issue with the garbage after market fans, they interfere with the original radio, it creates static and a whine that over powers all signal on fm and am from inside the car.

Crazy right.

My NPD aftermarket fan causes no interference or static or whine. Fan speed is adequate but not quite equal to the squealing original unit.

Latest posts

Back