fastback a coupe or hardtop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT-69

Reaction score
My Car
All 65 to 73
Went to order a new windshield for my fastback. All glass companies offer three choices. Coupe, Hardtop or Convertible.....no fastback designation. So what the heck is a fastback considered to be a coupe or hardtop? Io me a coupe and hardtop are the same and a fastback well is a fastback!!!! So what do I order? Thing that really freaks me is not a single glass company knew either most never herd of a fastback???????

What ever you do, get the glass that's different than the coupe and convertible number. Those two take the same glass. So if it fits a convertible, it won't fit your fastback. A fastback in our years is technically called a "Sportsroof". That might be leading to falsely identified parts.

"1971-1973 Ford Mustang will only fit the 2-door hardtop, which is the fastback."

Thanks jeff8877 looks like a fastback is considered a hardtop....nice link and price only nearest pickup is 200 miles. I will buy local for $89 plus tax. Its the shipping that adds well over $100 avoid shipping and buy from local glass company. Only negative is you have to put-up with sales people that are clueless on these old cars. install yourself.

"1971-1973 Ford Mustang will only fit the 2-door hardtop, which is the fastback."

Thanks jeff8877 looks like a fastback is considered a hardtop....nice link and price only nearest pickup is 200 miles. I will buy local for $89 plus tax. Its the shipping that adds well over $100 avoid shipping and buy from local glass company. Only negative is you have to put-up with sales people that are clueless on these old cars. install yourself.
What do you mean you'll 'pick up local for $89 plus tax'. is that new for that price?? and local?? seems quite low to me but I havn't started a search for mine yet. I thought they would be at least 2-3 hundred bucks.....

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The coupe and Sportsroof (fastback) front windows are definitely different. The way that seller words it, you don't know which one it is.

One UK seller claims the DW772GBN is for the Sportsroof, but that's the only other record of this part number.

I highly suggest you contact PGW Auto Glass directly with that part number to find out exactly what it's supposed to be for: http://www.pgwglass.com/pgwautoglass/Pages/default.aspx

-Kurt

Latest posts

Back