Fastback Rear Window Trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parforever

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
In need of some original rear window stainless steel outside trim for a 71 Mach I. Only thing left to finish on my car...hoping someone can help.

I also suggest Joe at Mustangs Plus in Kansas City. 816-483-5678

Tell him Kris Maschler recommended him. He has always been great to work with!

Don,

Took the advice on the drip rail polish and the rear window moldings you provided turned out most excellent...thanks!

Ed

Molding 1.jpeg

...And, just what advice would that be again? ;)

Seriously - those look awesome, and mine are in good shape but need polishing. Give it up! :p

At this link was the process explained by Chuck: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-any-secret-tips-for-rear-window-molding-installation?page=2&highlight=drip+molding

In a nutshell I put easy off heavy duty oven cleaner on them twice for 20 minutes (gets rid of the anodize). Then sanded them starting at 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000 and then 3000. The key step in my opinion is the 220, make sure you get all the scratches in this step. After that I put them on a grinder and polished them with a polishing compound I bought at Lowes. Be careful on the grinder, one wrong move and you could be looking for another set of molding. Almost lost mine and then found the right technique. My thanks to Chuck for his post and details.

Oh okay thanks, thought some new amazing polishing compound came out.:) I read the info in that how to a while back ago, I guess I'll have to give it a try when we get caught up on other stuff on the car.

Back