Fender Emblem Holes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
Getting the stripes put on this week. As soon as there on i can drill the holes for the emblems. Does anyone have an exact drill bit size for these holes?

Getting the stripes put on this week. As soon as there on i can drill the holes for the emblems. Does anyone have an exact drill bit size for these holes?
Which emblems ? I would say if possible..DON'T drill holes to attach emblems..Cut off the studs..& use clear tesafix 4965 to attach the emblem..Tesafix is a great tape to have around anyway..great for weather strips etc has a million uses in the shop & restorations...Drilling holes for emblem attachment is risky biz one slip & your paint is scratched..Plus rust always seems to start behind emblems right around the hole..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004V3XQXK/ref=asc_df_B004V3XQXK1985928?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealt350810-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004V3XQXK

fender emblems:huh:
With you on that ...should be none on a mach fender Unless it's a 73 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my 73 fender. It has small plastic inserts with an 1/8 hole in them. Couldn't get the plastic out yet to check the actual hole in the fender. I'll try again Sunday if nobody answers you. Mark

The mustang script ones that sit on the stripe, i kinda dont want to put them on but im having mixed feelings about it. If i do ill definately take the double sided tape route.

Thanks Mark

The mustang script ones that sit on the stripe, i kinda dont want to put them on but im having mixed feelings about it. If i do ill definately take the double sided tape route.

Thanks Mark
Well at least if you do it with the tape ..You can remove it if you don't like it..after a day or 2 though your gonna need a heat gun or hair dryer..That tape is super strong after a day or 2

Back