Non stand fender emblem wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Just asking cause I couldn’t find anything online; does anyone know if a fender emblem is available for a 73 in the standard script that includes the engine size at the end. So “Mustang” and then 302 or 351? In my case, I would like to find one that fits the stock three fender holes that has 5.0 after Mustang. I mean, if you don’t ask, you don’t get. Thanks.

Well I dont know if this will help but maybe its something that will work for you.

A few years ago I searched all over the interwebs looking for a dealer emblem for my 71 Mach 1 i.e. Dealer Name / Location. Not finding anything I came across this company that makes one of a kind badges/emblems out of billet aluminum to specs you give them. I had an original salesman's card from 71 and they even matched the font that was on the card! It came out very nice and wasnt too expensive.

https://www.billetbadges.com/
Maybe they can create what you are looking for.

Attachments

• dealer_emblem.jpg
    dealer_emblem.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 3
Billet Badges is a great company and they have great customer service. I worked with Michelle Scott on a request for a pair of cnc-milled billet aluminum custom fender bezels for my convertible. Michelle was very easy to work with and really bent over backwards to try to meet my needs. I started corresponding with her just before SEMA 2022 and they were going to be unavailable for several weeks during that time but the turn around for a custom job was really quick and the price quoted was very reasonable. I did not actually order the bezels as I found a set of NOS bezels before finalizing the order.

Cali company too, so they are kinda "local" to you.

PoFo, in your discussions with them, were they able to deal with the compound curves of the fender in the stock bezel location? And I wonder if they can create one with the three attachment points as well. That would be sweet!

Definitely a question for their team. I was using 3M VHB double sided automotive tape for my bezel, in place of the Mustang script, so the attachment points were not an issue for me.

This is what I needed replicated.

From my experience speaking with Michelle I believe they could build your custom badge.

Attachments

• IMG_3440.png
    IMG_3440.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 1
A friend of mine suggested using the stock 73 Mustang script for the word Mustang, and then use the stock looking (font) for the 5.0. I’m not an artist and have no idea how to demo that look for others to assess on this forum. What are others‘ thoughts on that look?

Back