Deluxe Dash Bezel on a Standard Dash?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 351c 4V Auto, TCP/Aldan suspension, bright blue metallic
Has anyone tried attaching the deluxe passenger side dash bezel onto a standard dash surface? I have a deluxe bezel I would like to use since the rest of the interior was converted to deluxe before I bought the car. It looks like the deluxe dash has mounting holes in the face of the dash but I don't want to swap out dashes. Anyone try drilling the holes into a standard dash? If so, is there a template? Or has anyone tried removing the screw posts on the bezel and using an adhesive to attach it to the dash?

Rob

I converted the dash in my 71 to deluxe by adding the mounting holes. Made a template out of cardboard, laid the pattern out on the dash and used a hole saw to add the holes. I do not remember the specific hole sizes. For the glove box door, I had a used one that I painted to match.

Thanks Hemikiller. I will probably attempt that. I’m well into replacing the heater core at the moment. What a pain. Given I don’t drive the car between October and May I should have reconsidered the necessity.

Rob

Yes. And as Hemikiller said, making a template to drill the panel in the correct places is the way to go. The speed nuts have a pretty decent flange so if the holes are off center or need to be enlarged a little bit, it's not a problem.

Back