Finally oil leak gone

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machclone71

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang cloned to a mach 1 or in the process.
After 2 years of 2 oil pans 8 rear main seals 1 crankshaft and bearings 3 pcv valves aND 2 breathers I finally found the source of my oil leak the previous owner installed the wrong rear oil galley plug which blocked oil off but not completely to the right bank causing 100 psi oil pressure and blowing out the rear main seal I replaced the oil galley plugs which were completely different and now 60 psi and no leaks so now I can't help but love my car so for any one ready to give up just know it will get better no matter what part your working on if it wasn't for this leak I would not have learned how to weld by replacing all aprons and radiator support so just so you know every thing happens for a reason I just hope it don't take you guys 2000 dollars and 2 years to figure it out all I know is it was worth sticking with it and not selling the car because God knows I was close to giving up tons of times.

After 2 years of 2 oil pans 8 rear main seals 1 crankshaft and bearings 3 pcv valves aND 2 breathers I finally found the source of my oil leak the previous owner installed the wrong rear oil galley plug which blocked oil off but not completely to the right bank causing 100 psi oil pressure and blowing out the rear main seal I replaced the oil galley plugs which were completely different and now 60 psi and no leaks so now I can't help but love my car so for any one ready to give up just know it will get better no matter what part your working on if it wasn't for this leak I would not have learned how to weld by replacing all aprons and radiator support so just so you know every thing happens for a reason I just hope it don't take you guys 2000 dollars and 2 years to figure it out all I know is it was worth sticking with it and not selling the car because God knows I was close to giving up tons of times.
::thumb:: good job

Good thing you're so persistent and meticulous.

I know it can drive you crazy when there's a leak you just can't find, especially if it sprays oil under the car so you don't even know where to start looking.

In my case it was the fuel pump that leaked oil in between the upper une lower halves of the body.

Took us forever to figure that out.

Glad yours is dry now!

Latest posts

Back