Finding my VIN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_Stang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang - project car
I got my car with a gutted interor/no dash/etc...I haven't thought much about it until the other day I realized my VIN is missing from the usual driverside dash spot. I think it is stamped on several areas of the car, but I'm not sure where to look. :huh:

I got my car with a gutted interor/no dash/etc...I haven't thought much about it until the other day I realized my VIN is missing from the usual driverside dash spot. I think it is stamped on several areas of the car, but I'm not sure where to look. :huh:
Under the fenders on the shock tower apron..Better hope it matchs your paper work:-/

There is the sticker on the drivers door.

Yours could be painted over.

Or long gone too.

Sometimes you could find the build sheet , under the back seat,or stuck in the upper rear seat too.

Good luck !

The VIN under the edge of the fender is not a complete VIN, but does have the serialized number. I've heard that you may be able to see it without taking the whole fender off by removing some of the bolts close to the VIN:

DSCF4723.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

Latest posts

Back