What would you pay for a working Mustang console clock?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I'm putting this question in Mustang Talk for the time being as it's not yet for sale and not sure where else to put it.
I have an original working console clock I don't need. My question is; what would you pay for one? It is missing 2 of the grommet inserts and the third is not the best, so all three need replacing and hard to find. Something similar could be made up without too much trouble and I'll likely do that. Other than that it's in good condition.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20231212_153407.jpg
    20231212_153407.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231212_153423.jpg
    20231212_153423.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
I ordered a console from west coast cougar. They sent the entire console with screws, lid, ash tray, ash tray door, shifter bezel, and a working clock for $620. So I guess do the math. Subtract the value of all that other stuff from $620 and thats how much the clock is worth.

I ordered a console from west coast cougar. They sent the entire console with screws, lid, ash tray, ash tray door, shifter bezel, and a working clock for $620. So I guess do the math. Subtract the value of all that other stuff from $620 and thats how much the clock is worth.
I actually have a console that I don't need either. It is currently missing the ash tray, but can be added. It is in "not bad" condition, but certainly not concours or high show quality. Ok for a driver. The chrome striping was pretty much gone, so I'm redoing it with a 'chrome' pen we discussed many moons ago. It actually doesn't look bad.
I also have a working set of center gauges.
As for the clock, best offer I guess.

I find a console clock that runs on AA battery. I had to use the OE lens on it since it didn't come with one. I had to space it out a little so the second hand wouldn't get stuck. It was about $100. looks great, just doesn't have tine hand movement spindle sticking through the lens. it adjust from behind.

Back