First Mustang! 1972 Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daleran33

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Sprint
Hi!

I purchased my first Mustang, a 1972 Mustang Sprint, 302 back in February in Michigan. My father-in-law helped me add disc brakes, replaced the rusty hood, new carb, electronic ignition, and painted the grabber blue accents. It is a factory original Sprint, but was painted only white when I bought it. Still don't have the hood decals, but that may be for another time. I shipped it from Michigan to Texas and just received it this week. I am rebuilding the suspension right now. Soon I will install 2.5" dual exhaust and finish the interior. It runs great though! Looking forward to the adventure and learning from the people here.

Attachments

• PXL_20240817_160635753.jpg
    PXL_20240817_160635753.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240817_160122682.jpg
    PXL_20240817_160122682.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good looking Sprint! Welcome from Chicago! There are a lot of knowledgeable guys here on the forum that are always willing to help if you run into something you want info or advise on. A lot of the Sprint owners have a lot of hat specific knowledge, so don't be afraid to ask. the members here are always willing to help and share their knowledge. Good luck with your new toy!

Hi!

I purchased my first Mustang, a 1972 Mustang Sprint, 302 back in February in Michigan. My father-in-law helped me add disc brakes, replaced the rusty hood, new carb, electronic ignition, and painted the grabber blue accents. It is a factory original Sprint, but was painted only white when I bought it. Still don't have the hood decals, but that may be for another time. I shipped it from Michigan to Texas and just received it this week. I am rebuilding the suspension right now. Soon I will install 2.5" dual exhaust and finish the interior. It runs great though! Looking forward to the adventure and learning from the people here.
Nice Sprint, are you leaving the NACA hood on or are you going to put a stock flat hood and red / blue decals back on ?

Leave the NACA hood on. I know it is not stock, but I like the look hood scoops regardless. I am not sure about the hood decals. I have seen some sprints online that have the NACA hoods but use a different pattern to put decals. I might do it, I might not. Big priority right now is to get it a bit more drivable by replacing all the suspension and steering parts. It still has all original, very degraded, control arms and steering linkage that makes me nervous to drive on. I need to finish the interior too. It has fresh seat upholstery with the sprint livery but the carpet and door panels are still in a box.

Last edited:
Back