25 Years Ago Today....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh the memories. Admittedly I had an Eagle-1 Transporter. Best toy ship next to the Millenium Falcon.
I still have the model I built in high school.

Ahhh the memories. Admittedly I had an Eagle-1 Transporter. Best toy ship next to the Millenium Falcon.
On a related note look under Rob Zombie's left arm...

image000000.jpg

Last edited:
Umm, err, uhh, Okay, so I figured out the reference to the date although, check out those pre–Star Wars FX! Thinking back 49 years, without hurting myself, it's almost like Lucas and Pinewood studios did a dry run with TV before the 1977 release date.

Umm, err, uhh, Okay, so I figured out the reference to the date although, check out those pre–Star Wars FX! Thinking back 49 years, without hurting myself, it's almost like Lucas and Pinewood studios did a dry run with TV before the 1977 release date.
Yep. Alot of the same people (set/production designers and effects/model work) worked on all those movies and shows, going back to 2001. Silent Running and Gerry Andersons Thunderbirds/UFO shows and the movie Journey to the Far Side of the Sun all the way up thru ALIEN and Outland.

Yep. Alot of the same people (set/production designers and effects/model work) worked on all those movies and shows, going back to 2001. Silent Running and Gerry Andersons Thunderbirds/UFO shows and the movie Journey to the Far Side of the Sun all the way up thru ALIEN and Outland.
Something I read in the Making of book was that aside from the Eagle Transporters, the model makers received vague descriptions of other vessels, ships, buildings needed in a very short time frame. So many of those things are what the builder came up with, not the product of endless design reviews.
Imagine watching a movie or TV show and being able to say, "I did that!".

Thunderbirds, now that was really a cool show. Watched as often as WFLD Channel 32 would allow. Hey, we're talking way before cable and the Sears Tower was still an empty spot with a big hole in the ground. Thru googling I saw they had the series available to watch on a couple formats. Might just have to check out things.
For what it's worth, I think that show was why I dove so heavily into the model train, building model replicas as a hobby.
An example and hopefully not TMI, this was in '06 or 4 houses ago for us in KCMO. We were members of the local garden train club, KCGRS. Some were gardeners with trains, and some had trains with a garden.
Layout 07-15-06 03.jpgLayout 07-15-06 02.jpgLayout 07-15-06 08.jpgLayout 07-15-06 07.jpgLayout 07-15-06 06.jpgLayout 07-15-06 05.jpgLayout 07-15-06 04.jpgLayout 07-15-06 01.jpg

House 06.30.2009 17.JPG House 06.30.2009 17.JPG
House 06.30.2009 15.JPG
This was 3 houses ago, here in Virginia as well, but not close to where we are now. The pics were from 2009 and if memory serves me well, just after finishing that nifty grill area. Sadly, it's all just a memory now and everything has been packed up since 2012, the year after Irene came thru. While we didn't have too much damage, it washed enough away, and it was becoming too much work with everything else. Where we live now suffered a huge hit and while things like that are always possible, we still need to have a hobby. Maybe after I finish the '72.

Attachments

• House 06.30.2009 15.JPG
    House 06.30.2009 15.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
    House 06.30.2009 15.JPG
    House 06.30.2009 15.JPG
  • House 06.30.2009 14.JPG
    House 06.30.2009 14.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thunderbirds, now that was really a cool show. Watched as often as WFLD Channel 32 would allow. Hey, we're talking way before cable and the Sears Tower was still an empty spot with a big hole in the ground. Thru googling I saw they had the series available to watch on a couple formats. Might just have to check out things.
For what it's worth, I think that show was why I dove so heavily into the model train, building model replicas as a hobby.
An example and hopefully not TMI, this was in '06 or 4 houses ago for us in KCMO. We were members of the local garden train club, KCGRS. Some were gardeners with trains, and some had trains with a garden.
View attachment 93102View attachment 93101View attachment 93107View attachment 93106View attachment 93105View attachment 93104View attachment 93103View attachment 93100

View attachment 93111 View attachment 93114
View attachment 93113
This was 3 houses ago, here in Virginia as well, but not close to where we are now. The pics were from 2009 and if memory serves me well, just after finishing that nifty grill area. Sadly, it's all just a memory now and everything has been packed up since 2012, the year after Irene came thru. While we didn't have too much damage, it washed enough away, and it was becoming too much work with everything else. Where we live now suffered a huge hit and while things like that are always possible, we still need to have a hobby. Maybe after I finish the '72.
Not TMI! There is more to life than cars. You havd to have other hobbies and interests. Girls, for example, but they tend to consume all of your time and money. And what do you get for that investment? KIDS! It just gets worse! And THEY want to play with your toys.
Nope, avoided that quicksand....

Just kidding...sort of.

I built a lot of models, but never had space or money for trains, much less the garden trains. Used to check out all the model railroad magazines at the library. It was just cool. The only reason I watched Mr. Roger's was to see the miniature town during the beginning/ending credits.

More or less one of the last models I made from scratch. Kind of a joke as it's a piece of slate tile and a piece of MDF! But the proportions are dead on!

0823190815.jpg

Last edited:
Back