FMX and AOD Shifters

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Eric,

No worries! We all get busy. Yes, the shifter is bulky and rather ugly! Yes, It stands up in the back like my male tailless cat. Yes, it makes sense.

Another solution

Shortened the throw on my floor shifter by increasing the angles of it's two bends. The Mustang AOD tranny shift lever is shorter than the FMX's which would result in the gear indicator not lining up properly.

Source: http://www.ranchero.us/forums/archive/index.php/t-25380.html

Another Solution to shorten FMX Shifter Throw

o07bc1.jpg

Checkout this picture on how they shortened the throw.

mustang7173

Hello Stocktrader,

What electronic control are you using for the 4R70W transmission? Are you using the Baumann Electronic Controls? If I could change the transmission path I took, I would definitely gone electronic. But, I was already committed by the time I found Baumann Electronic Controls.

mustang7173
Sorry bout the late answer.

Yes, both 4R70W equiped Stangs have Baumann Controlers. The older TCS model was switched over to the Vert, and the 331 2+2 has The US Shift Quick-1, new(er) version of the Baumannator controller.

I talked with Baumann several weeks ago, they are working on a controler for the 6 speed R680 tranny. Ideal for a Coyote conversion.

Tubo,

It would be nice to have the 6 speed R680 installed. I have driven several 2014 Ford Taurus's and Explorers with the 6 speed transmission. Thank You for your response back!

mustang7173 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back