FPA Ceramic Coated 4V Headers for Sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So if you followed my other threads you'd know why I'm selling them.

Just after I received them from FPA: (very excited) :D thought I was just gonna replace my head gaskets and motor mounts..."let's put on a new set of headers while we're at it..."

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cleveland-4v-ceramic-coated-headers

Started to wonder if I ordered them too soon: :huh: (getting nervous) engine's being torn down and a total rebuild is in order, including crank and rods..."f**k"

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-bought-new-headers-too-soon

Explored every option I possibly could for days :s ...decided on rebuilding it to a 408 stroker, all new, bottom to top. 2V Trick Flows will be sitting on top.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-afp-chi-4v-heads

Now I have a few parts available. Brand new 4V FPA headers, for power steering and manual trans. Google "fpa headers" and read about them if you're interested. I paid 650 + 225 (restoration gray ice ceramic coating) for a total of 875. Shipping was 65, my loss. I can exchange them and get 787.5 back after a 10% restock fee. If you've been thinking of getting a pair, now's the time. I can ship them to you for 775 + shipping, or I'm gonna send them back in about 2 weeks. Message me if you're interested. Pictures of the actual headers are in the 1st link above. They are in 100% perfect condition and you won't have to wait 3-4 weeks for Stan at FPA to make you a set. (there is always a waiting list, as they are made after ordered) FPA headers give you the best fit, with the best ground clearance, period. They are beautiful...I should know, I stared at them for hours. ;)

Thanks for all the help guys, I really mean it! Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any reason why a 4v header wouldn't seal on the trick flow heads. It would probably work better since they are higher ported than stock 2v.
...bolt pattern is the same but the port configuration is "...totally different..." as per Ed at Trick Flow. (and Stan at FPA) Ports will not be totally covered by the 4V header. Manufacturers on both sides confirm.

I don't see any reason why a 4v header wouldn't seal on the trick flow heads. It would probably work better since they are higher ported than stock 2v.
I don't have any personal experience with the 2V heads but I agree.

In fact Dan Jones reported dyno testing the Trick Flow 2V heads with hooker 4V headers in the following thread:

http://www.the351cforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=388&hilit=Trick

EBSTANG, it may be worth your while to join that forum and ask there. Tim Meyer as well as other cleveland engine builders post there regularly.

In fact Dan Jones reported dyno testing the Trick Flow 2V heads with hooker 4V headers in the following thread:

EBSTANG, it may be worth your while to join that forum and ask there. Tim Meyer as well as other cleveland engine builders post there regularly.
Tom, I read the thread you listed and I see what you're talkin about. These things drive me nuts. Like I said, the maker of the heads and the maker of the headers both agree that the headers will not completely cover the exhaust ports on the heads. If I can't depend on them, then who? If I call again and ask "are you suuurree?" then you're a pain in the ass...can't win. Are you going strictly by what you've read or do you have first hand experience. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to send them back and this process is starting to lose the "fun" factor.

Tom, I read the thread you listed and I see what you're talkin about. These things drive me nuts. Like I said, the maker of the heads and the maker of the headers both agree that the headers will not completely cover the exhaust ports on the heads. If I can't depend on them, then who? If I call again and ask "are you suuurree?" then you're a pain in the ass...can't win. Are you going strictly by what you've read or do you have first hand experience. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to send them back and this process is starting to lose the "fun" factor.
As I said in my post, I don't have any personal experience with the TFS 2V heads. I am just pointing out that there is conflicting info and that a little more investigation may be beneficial.

Is it to do with the overall size and fit of the pipes, I have seen these heads in my friends engine shop. Both fit 4V pipes are larger than the TFS ports while 2V pipes require some relieving at the top of the port but are then a bit better imo as they are then port matched, Bear in mind these are Aus manufactured headers and not the Hookers as per the link. More food for thought and I guess still doesn't address your question.

Bolt pattern is the same. The 4V header will bolt up to a 2V Head. It can even seal the .01" raised port location, from stock. Those are not the issue.

The 4V is wider on the right side of the port. The right side exhaust port wall (as you face the head, in the pics) is offset (widened) on a 4V head. Look at it, in relation to the upper header bolt(s).

A "4V header gasket" would make contact (seal) with the 4V header, in that right side area, but the "4V header gasket" would not make contact (seal) with the 2V head surface since the 2V head surface is offset to the left. (in comparison to a 4V head)

A "2V header gasket" would make contact (seal) with the 2V head, in the right side area, but the "2V gasket" would not make contact (seal) with the header, since the 4V header "right side sealing surface" is not offset left.

With either gasket, 2V or 4V, you would not get a compression seal on the right side of each exhaust port. Bolt them up and they'll look good since the header flange will cover this up (from view) but underneath you will not be compressing the header gasket (between two matched metal surfaces) in this area. Incomplete circumferential-peripheral compression around the port. No seal.

2V - Copy.jpg

4V - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct. The flat gasket sealing directly (landing) area under the upper header bolt tapping is widened from that of a stock 2v and/or stock 4v. 2v landing is offset left (from the bolt tapping ¢) & 4v landing is offset right. TFS widened this area (their tech people don't know to tell you this) and, as it turns out either the 2v or the 4v gasket will work because this landing area accommodates the left and right offsets with it's added width. Thanks for your help. :D Tell this to the next guy.

Latest posts

Back