• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

fuel pump

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 351 clevland dard red
hi im looking to buy an electric fuel pump for my 73 mach 1

How much power do you plan to make?

Will there be any other power adders like NOS or blower or turbo ?

not adding any turbo or anything its just so the car starts first time everytime which one would be best?

not adding any turbo or anything its just so the car starts first time everytime which one would be best?
This should work fine and it is cheap. It is the same pump as the Holley "red" pump. Is there some reason you don't want to use a mechanical style pump? Chuck

This should work fine and it is cheap. It is the same pump as the Holley "red" pump. Is there some reason you don't want to use a mechanical style pump? Chuck
well i keep my car in a garage and somebody told me that the heat in the garage evaporates the gas used to start the car and mechanical pump takes longer to start the car. usually takes 4 or 5 attempts to start

The fuel in the carb and line from the stock pump are subject to evaporation. The electric pump would allow you to refill the line and carb before attempting to start the engine. Let us know what you decide to do. Chuck

The fuel in the carb and line from the stock pump are subject to evaporation. The electric pump would allow you to refill the line and carb before attempting to start the engine. Let us know what you decide to do. Chuck
think i'll put the electric pump in

That's exactly why I installed one. (basic Carter gold)

My reasons are:

I don't drive it often so need to crank for a while to get fuel to carby.

Battery also struggles sometimes since it also has been sitting

save the starter motor

best thing I ever did

Make sure the pump is mounted below the outlet on the fuel tank. If the pump is not gravity fed it will burn out in no time. :D

Back