Fuel Strap Bolts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hey Guys,

Quick question...what size bolt for fuel tank straps?  I think its 3/8 carriage bolts?

Thanks

When coming off with them you just have to get loose enough to lift up on tank and slip the square of the carriage bolt out of the slot. 

I would go back with stainless but most do not get driven enough to rust them again. 

I found out it is cheaper to get new tank that it is to get old one cleaned. I used new sending unit from NPD that seems to work. If you have a set of the hollow stud sockets with the external hex drive makes it easier also.

When coming off with them you just have to get loose enough to lift up on tank and slip the square of the carriage bolt out of the slot. 

I would go back with stainless but most do not get driven enough to rust them again. 

I found out it is cheaper to get new tank that it is to get old one cleaned. I used new sending unit from NPD that seems to work. If you have a set of the hollow stud sockets with the external hex drive makes it easier also.
Thanks everyone for the advice and spec!

Latest posts

Back