Fuel tank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, I replaced the tank on my '73 Mach I and painted it silver. While I remember it was allegedly painted that color for a "performance-related" reason, I cannot for the life of me recall now as to what that reason was:mad:!

When (and if) I remember the reason I used that color, I will post it:).

BT

I had my old one galvinized to match the original color also.

I have replaced my tank and need to coat it with something because it is rusting already, but on a related topic...what is everyone doing concerning the filter in the vent cap on top of the tank? Mine was pretty much disintegrated inside, so I just cleaned it all out and put it on the new tank.

that vent isn't reproduced i did the same thing, cleaned out the thing, mine was plugged with varnish, and put a new seal and reused it and the lock ring.

I used duplicolor engine clear. It has some gloss. If you want near flat clear use VHT high heat clear.

Well had the tank powder coated clear and after blasting the straps and a fresh coat of paint, new sending unit etc..... looks pretty good installed.
Can you post a picture?

Chuck

Back