Fuel tank

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering, a friend of mine had a set of polished aluminum wheels done and the coating did not stick long term.
HMMMM looks like some homework is in order.:mad:
I replaced my tank about 10 years ago with a new one. I did nothing to it as I liked the way it looked.It still looks the same,no rust issues.I will say that I do not drive the car in the rain.Only been caught out a few times.I do wash it alot during racing season,lots of rubber build up underneath.But like I said still looks good.I will try to take a picture and post.

I have replaced my tank and need to coat it with something because it is rusting already, but on a related topic...what is everyone doing concerning the filter in the vent cap on top of the tank? Mine was pretty much disintegrated inside, so I just cleaned it all out and put it on the new tank.
+1 I think I took a new crank case filter foam and replaced mine so that it would be similar to what was in it.

88025a63.jpg

Mustang 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Roy... you did the right choice ;) this type of coated process are not met for galvanized or polished metals but if it is well done, this coat in your tank will at least last 10+ years... Better than other process you can do to it.

Besides, the matching tone tank suits perfect ;)

Enjoy!

Back