• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gas Cap Gasket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
The size of the rubber gasket is 2.6-2.6" OD and .825-8.5" ID. I used below tool to cut it of 1/16" rubber.

OLFA Compass Circle Cutter (CMP-1) - Adjustable Compass Style Rotary Circle Cutter w/ 6 Blades for Cutting Circles Up to 6 Inches in Diameter, Replacement Blades: OLFA COB-1 Blades

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BK7NWC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_titleSteve

How did you cut it?
There's a post 2 up from yours with a link to a compass cutter if you just need to cut basic circles.

Or if your wife is into arts and crafts, she may have a CNC drag knife like Cricut or silhouette cameo to use. I have a shapeoko machine and they sell a drag knife for it. These would let you cut a gasket in any shape you wanted.

There's a post 2 up from yours with a link to a compass cutter if you just need to cut basic circles.

Or if your wife is into arts and crafts, she may have a CNC drag knife like Cricut or silhouette cameo to use. I have a shapeoko machine and they sell a drag knife for it. These would let you cut a gasket in any shape you wanted.
Thank you I missed that.

Back