gasmonkeygarage car 72 FB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, ill cut you all a great deal since i like it here. Any of you can buy my 72 mach1 Qcode with the 351 4v and toploader, painted ANY color or choice, all of the tee shirts i own, AND a hat, signed by my dogs, for the low price of $80,000.00! Any takers?! Lol. This gas monkey car is out of hand for a car they barely spent 15k on 'building'...

don't forget my slightly modified 72 H Code....original CA car and everything

only asking 50k for it,lol

It's things like this that make me question the lingering hope that I had for humanities intelligence (excuse me while I carefully check this post for typos now so I don't seem hypocritical)
Actually, it's "... humanity's intelligence..." "Humanties," would be the plural form of the word. rofl

Just sayin' ;) :D :p

It's things like this that make me question the lingering hope that I had for humanities intelligence (excuse me while I carefully check this post for typos now so I don't seem hypocritical)
Actually, it's "... humanity's intelligence..." "Humanties," would be the plural form of the word. rofl

Gah! Caught red handed. Well excuse me as I hang my head in shame. Seriously though, what's with all the trashy car shows? Overhaulin' was a pretty good show until the whole "prank" aspect started to overshadow the work being done on the car.

I like Wheeler Dealers, Top Gear (the original British version), Chasing Classics and What's my car worth?

Other than that, they are all just too over the top for me.

I like Wheeler Dealers, Top Gear (the original British version), Chasing Classics and What's my car worth?

Other than that, they are all just too over the top for me.
Me too, except I don't watch What's My Car Worth. Maybe I should check it out. I love the British Top Gear and Chasing Classic Cars.

Gah! Caught red handed. Well excuse me as I hang my head in shame. Seriously though, what's with all the trashy car shows? Overhaulin' was a pretty good show until the whole "prank" aspect started to overshadow the work being done on the car.
Nah - no worries... just playin'!

But yeah - I agree. It just seems like the car shows (if not pretty much ALL of the "reality TV" shows) are sinking lower and lower in quality. You get one show on Discovery, then History Channel copies it, then A&E, then Spike, then TruTV, and by the time the third copy of the same concept comes around, it basically just sucks and is usually unwatchable.

And what channels like happened to Discovery, TLC, and History Channel having some actual educational programming, anyway? I mean seriously - I liked watching the various shows that were pretty much extensions of all the book reports we had to write in grade school, but it's cool stuff packaged up in something that's actually entertaining. Now, it's pretty much all about Gold, Alaska, pawn shops, fighting over abandoned storage units, unrealistic survival scenarios, stupid people getting busted by cops, and mediocre car flipping/building shows.

I double checked the auction to see if the money was for charity, but didn't see anything. That $200 K bid does not make sense! :huh:

Remember, if someone got their bid up to $200,000, someone must have bid against him around the $195,000 range. There are two suspects involved here.

The door jambs did not look like they were repainted when they got the car or now either
Seeing as I never followed the build, they must have masked it at the edges, and done a decent job of hiding the seam.

Me too, except I don't watch What's My Car Worth.
What's My Car Worth lost whatever little respect it ever had with me when they appraised a '79 Lincoln Mark V at $25,000 and $18,000 (depending on the host), complete with aftermarket rims.

It sold for an unreasonable $16,000 to boot, which suggests that they knew something about the bidding audience as well. Actual value was $10k MAX with a rabid bunch of drunk enthusiasts. $8k normal pricing.

-Kurt

Oh, and my signature T-shirt can be purchased for a very reasonable $650,000, seeing as I regard myself as infinitely cooler than Richard Rawlings. Modesty be damned. You get the car too, and this one has a 351 Cleveland in it. That ought to be worth a million bucks right there, so you're saving $350,000 AND getting a signed T-shirt in the bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 200k bid has got to be a joke, probably the producers trying to create "ink" for the show.
As I said before, the producers can afford to shill it and buy it. For that matter, the money can just as well make a U-turn to the account it came from.

Someone here mentioned HO scale trains in the buyer's previous bid history. Anyone on or related with the show known to be into model railroading?

-Kurt

The 200k bid has got to be a joke, probably the producers trying to create "ink" for the show.
As I said before, the producers can afford to shill it and buy it. For that matter, the money can just as well make a U-turn to the account it came from.

Someone here mentioned HO scale trains in the buyer's previous bid history. Anyone on or related with the show known to be into model railroading?

-Kurt
18 different bidders from the 100K to where it is at now

Seems like a lot of shill accounts to me

18 different bidders from the 100K to where it is at now

Seems like a lot of shill accounts to me
Individual bidders, not 18 bids?

Prank bids from kids who just saw the show. Happened big time when the first BMW X7 was sold on eBay.

-Kurt

Incidentally, this thread and the heavy activity is probably helping to drive up Google search rankings for the show. We should censor or scramble the name of the show and the shop when referencing it.

-Kurt

the bidding on e-bay ended, @ $51,377.77

I think all of the outrageous bids were fake, bids.

If you check the bid history, a lot of the bids were cancelled, and a few were retracted.

$51k sounds much more reasonable for a TV show car.

51k is still to high for that think....count's custom's 73 vert would be more believable for that price, but not the GMG pile

...they suck at restoring these cars

Back