G'day from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Richard

You've certainly come to the right forum for our models

Nice vert you have landed yourself too and like the color

If you need any help the knowledge base here is best but you can PM me if you like

Oh and I reckon our US mates can keep our actors and we'll have their Mustangs, perhaps I can trade the wife?

Hey Richard, welcome to the site from Seattle. Nice looking vert you got. As for you question about adding side stripes, tutone hood, and Ram Air lettering, its purely a matter of preference. IMO they give a nice stock performance vibe, but its all about what looks good to you. Keep the pics coming as you go.

Scott

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina.

One the hood stripe. You car would not have got the black out unless it has hood locks they were together in the package for like $18.00 for both. Of course the choice is yours on adding it. The side strip was optional in 1972 and 1973 on the convertible but not in 1971. Depends on if you want to be 100% original or not.

I also see that you have Power Windows. When you remove the chrome bezel there clips that hold them on are not available. You have to slide something thin in from each side to un clip the bezel to remove. If you try to pry it off you will destroy the clips.

Not sure on 71 but all 72 and 73 verts got the deluxe door panels also.

Couple of pictures of how the clips work. I cut a section out of an old door panel so it was easier to see.

Have had someone that is due to repo these but nothing yet.

David

Welcome from Germany

Juergen

Latest posts

Back