Glad to be here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the site. You might wanna check that rear again, My 71 mach 1 came with a 302 but had an 8 inch rear instead of the 9. They look almost identical but the 8 inch is round and smooth on back and 9 inch has a hump where the ring gear is.
In other words, the 8 is a girl rear end, and the 9 is a man...at least that is how I remember it.
Im almost a man.... im running an 8.8 LOL!
i think thats what i have right now

Hi and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg/Europe.

I read the previous posts and I am kinda confused. I am over 40, so that makes me a man but I seem to be running a girl rearend....:huh:

At least I got a manly Mustang.:D

Hi and ::welcome:: to the forum from Luxembourg/Europe.

I read the previous posts and I am kinda confused. I am over 40, so that makes me a man but I seem to be running a girl rearend....:huh:

At least I got a manly Mustang.:D
what you got for a rear end and whats under the hood

attachment.php

I'm no expert, but I think this qualifies as an 8".

attachment.php

YES!!! that does. by the looks of it might be a 9

Welcome to the forums from PA!

::welcome::

Definitely an 8...you need to pay more attention to a previous post on this thread. Once you read it, let us know if you change your mind. But if you don't, that is good too.

Definitely an 8...you need to pay more attention to a previous post on this thread. Once you read it, let us know if you change your mind. But if you don't, that is good too.
Oh i wasn't talking about the car

Wolverine was saying that the 9" has a hump in it...hence, the 8" is a female and the 9" is a male...so, she's got an 8" rear end.

Wolverine was saying that the 9" has a hump in it...hence, the 8" is a female and the 9" is a male...so, she's got an 8" rear end.
I know i was just jokin around

ok my son has new found interest in mustangs .. my dad gave me 73 fastback when i was 13 sold it many speeding tickets later .worst mistake ever did.... well i bought 73 grande 20 years ago and told my son kmichaud it would be his when old enough . well time has come to pass on the luv of 71-73 mustangs ... we are in process of paint ,9 inch swap , 351 c 2v c4 tranny swap ... ,,, i have collected many parts over years , so as he ask questions bear with him , he is next generation mustanger ...

I know i was just jokin around
Yeah when you make that engine a beast you'll need the manly 9" in it!

ok my son has new found interest in mustangs .. my dad gave me 73 fastback when i was 13 sold it many speeding tickets later .worst mistake ever did.... well i bought 73 grande 20 years ago and told my son kmichaud it would be his when old enough . well time has come to pass on the luv of 71-73 mustangs ... we are in process of paint ,9 inch swap , 351 c 2v c4 tranny swap ... ,,, i have collected many parts over years , so as he ask questions bear with him , he is next generation mustanger ...
When I first signed on here I didn't even know how to tell a standard Sports Roof from a Mach 1. I've learned a lot over the last year+, I'm sure your son will too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you sir, are 1 COOL dad!! I greatly admire father/son projects, especially when it comes to our hobby. I have a 7 year old, so my timeline is growing short also!

Now you sir, are 1 COOL dad!! I greatly admire father/son projects, especially when it comes to our hobby. I have a 7 year old, so my timeline is growing short also!

Just hope you do better with the cars than you have done with football:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back