Glad to be here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! Love the originality of your car and the story behind it.

Do you have any more pics of under the hood and interior?
Pic posted

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

That car has made it 40 years that way. DO NOT CHANGE A THING. I would love to see that car. If you were at the Knott's show, I probably would have spent more time at your car than any other car there.

Keep that engine bay like show room. Take lots of pictures to keep track where everything is routed. Never turn in anything as a core. You can rebuild your master cylinder for example.

Make sure you don't lose your engine tag, or distributor tag, or carburetor tag. If you haven't taken the rear seat out, the build sheet is in there.

You could upgrade the dash with a tach and gauges, and a rim blow steering wheel. You can have fun hunting down cheap parts for this.

I envy you.

That being said, my 73 Convertible had a 250 which was replaced in 84 with a V8, and will be replaced in 2012 with a bigger V8. So, what do I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Lebanon, Pa.......wow that car is nice!! Lucky you....have fun with it

Thanks for all the input.

Wolverine,

I will check to see if I can find the "tags" you mentioned, As for the back seat I don't think that it has ever been removed, but I will check with my dad, it had been sitting under a car cover in one of his out buildings on the farm in Colorado before I drove it to California in Apr of last year. I think it needs a tune up because sometimes it stalls when I am coming to a stop and it also backfires sometimes when I am decelerating. I am not a mech so I am not sure of these thing. I can do routine maintenance, oil changes, replace spark plugs/fuel filters, you know general stuff like that, as long as someone can show me how to do something I am mechanically inclined and get it completed. Master Cylinder? I don't even know what that does or is.

Thanks again for all the input from everyone.

Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back