going efi. plus procharger. input?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casperfast

Reaction score
My Car
72 mach one 351 Cleveland, 95 eagle talon awd 744hp@38psi, 95 eagle talon fwd, is nismo titan.
Ive got my 72 351 4v running good,   but I'm not happy with the power and the cold start.  so I'm going to inject it.  I've been looking at the FiTech systems that claim to support 600hp and forced induction.  has anyone ran this system?  and what procharger kit are guys running?  my engine has a 292 elgin cap,  springs etc so it's a bit rowdy already.  this is the efi I'm looking at http://fitechefi.com/products/30004/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got my 72 351 4v running good,   but I'm not happy with the power and the cold start.  so I'm going to inject it.  I've been looking at the FiTech systems that claim to support 600hp and forced induction.  has anyone ran this system?  and what procharger kit are guys running?  my engine has a 292 elgin cap,  springs etc so it's a bit rowdy already.  this is the efi I'm looking at http://fitechefi.com/products/30004/
I have the FiTech 600hp system and I am very happy with it. Definitely, improves cold starting and driving while engine is cold. At some point I also looked at the Pro Charger as an option, but decided against that much of a mod. I am sure it can be adapted, but you have to find the kit that comes closest to your needs. I thought you can either locate it in the drivers side if you don't have A/C, but may have to move the steering pump if you have one. Or locate it in the passenger side and lowering the alternator. After the unit is located the rest should be easy - just piping. 

Depending on the boost and choice of cam/heads you may go over 600hp so you have to consider one of the other FiTech systems. You may want to look into the Power Adder system. In my case I decided to go for 408 CI instead of the Pro Charger - work still in progress. Good luck and keep us posted!

Edit: I followed your link and realized you were already looking into the Power Adder. It should work as long as you are below the rated 600hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will get the power adder version just because if I wanted to go forced induction or nitrous I can, and I can tune in the laptop rather than just the hand unit vs the other FiTech units. with your system, did you make a return line or did you go with the command center?

I used a Robbmc sump pump with a return line. I used the vent line from the tank as a return and eliminated the charcoal canister. I also had to replace the tank vent with an old sending unit since it has a restrictive small orifice. I need to find the thread where i wrote about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back