good afternoon

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from Olympia WA. You must be a special breed to endure the $8.00 (plus) a gallon for gas and narrow city roads to keep the classic Mustang spirit alive...I salute you! You live in a beautiful area, I've travelled through there on vacation once, and loved the scenery, pubs and people...did I mention I loved the pubs?

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the site from Virginia! I second the motion; lets see some pictures and a little more history of your 73.
hello ole pony just to let you know that the mussie passed its annual government vehicle examination this week all i have to do now is put road tax on it 215 pounds for the year to have the honour of driving on our Queen,s highway (oh to liv in a republic but thats another story) so this coming week will be booking the ferry to cross channel

for the french trip i am old and came late to computer technology so like i say next time grandson comes over i will get him to put some pictures up about the history it might take a while or several pages so i will make a start go and get yourself a beer or two back in 74 the car came into our town through the local ford dealer and i said way back then i would like one of those fast forward to about 1990 punching a cab around town for a living (i was inbetween positions )late at night dropped fare off went to pull away saw the car down driveway and thought s,.;0 i dont believe it few days later knocked on a few doors in the block of flats where it was but nobody knew who owned it so put a card through drivers window you know where the windows dont fit too good several weeks later i was out all day on the sunday and my wife said you had a call from some one about buying a car and she said no he already has a car damm back down anothe card nothing then summer of 91 got a job in saudi arabia so i thought one last chance before i go drive past there is a pair of legs under car turns out the guy was doing starter repair said i put card through he said yes he got it and had phoned but the woman(my wife) said no he already has car anyhow cleared up that misunderstandin and he said he was not selling but if he changed his mind i was top of list he then told me he bought the car new in New York and as he was working for Cunard he bought it back on Queen Elizabeth so of i go to work in saudi left him my details and said allow time for any comms as in those days no mobiles and web tecnology was not as it is now and now the spooky bit one day got back to my hooch and us brits had a answerphone and there was a message you think problems at home or the dogs dead but no it was from an in country phone turns out he was working there as well he said phone his wife when i am on leave back home arranged to meet and drive and thats how i got it another spooky bit on leave wifes friend was in a private clinic for lady operation so we went along i said while you are talking lady things i will walk the dog theres a knock on the door to the room wuold you like a cup of tea turned around and the nurse said hello michael it was his wife i said hello my wife said who,s that that,s when i told my wife i bought the car hope you like that

Welcome to the site from Virginia! I second the motion; lets see some pictures and a little more history of your 73.
hello ole pony just to let you know that the mussie passed its annual government vehicle examination this week all i have to do now is put road tax on it 215 pounds for the year to have the honour of driving on our Queen,s highway (oh to liv in a republic but thats another story) so this coming week will be booking the ferry to cross channel

for the french trip i am old and came late to computer technology so like i say next time grandson comes over i will get him to put some pictures up about the history it might take a while or several pages so i will make a start go and get yourself a beer or two back in 74 the car came into our town through the local ford dealer and i said way back then i would like one of those fast forward to about 1990 punching a cab around town for a living (i was inbetween positions )late at night dropped fare off went to pull away saw the car down driveway and thought s,.;0 i dont believe it few days later knocked on a few doors in the block of flats where it was but nobody knew who owned it so put a card through drivers window you know where the windows dont fit too good several weeks later i was out all day on the sunday and my wife said you had a call from some one about buying a car and she said no he already has a car damm back down anothe card nothing then summer of 91 got a job in saudi arabia so i thought one last chance before i go drive past there is a pair of legs under car turns out the guy was doing starter repair said i put card through he said yes he got it and had phoned but the woman(my wife) said no he already has car anyhow cleared up that misunderstandin and he said he was not selling but if he changed his mind i was top of list he then told me he bought the car new in New York and as he was working for Cunard he bought it back on Queen Elizabeth so of i go to work in saudi left him my details and said allow time for any comms as in those days no mobiles and web tecnology was not as it is now and now the spooky bit one day got back to my hooch and us brits had a answerphone and there was a message you think problems at home or the dogs dead but no it was from an in country phone turns out he was working there as well he said phone his wife when i am on leave back home arranged to meet and drive and thats how i got it another spooky bit on leave wifes friend was in a private clinic for lady operation so we went along i said while you are talking lady things i will walk the dog theres a knock on the door to the room wuold you like a cup of tea turned around and the nurse said hello michael it was his wife i said hello my wife said who,s that that,s when i told my wife i bought the car hope you like that
Great story. Tha't pretty cool your car came over the Queen Elizabeth. Sounds like your persistence paid off and the previous owner figured you would give his car a good home. Did he ask for visitation rights? :)

That's an awesome story, mickmatt! And I mean no disrespect at all but if you could sprinkle a few periods here and there it would help my poor old brain keep track of what's going on in your posts. :blush:

Regardless, it's a great story, and I'm looking forward to hearing what's happened since you got it. Thanks for posting it - very interesting!

Doc

That's a great story! How long did you spend in the doghouse? :D
just got back from the pub so i figure i could still be in it !!! no my wife has been very supportive every time she buys some new clothes or other girly things i think well more to spend on the mustang vive la differance c,est la vie keeping the throttle in bye for now

That's an awesome story, mickmatt! And I mean no disrespect at all but if you could sprinkle a few periods here and there it would help my poor old brain keep track of what's going on in your posts. :blush:

Regardless, it's a great story, and I'm looking forward to hearing what's happened since you got it. Thanks for posting it - very interesting!

Doc
hello Doc whats periods do you mean punctuation?? like i said i am too old for this web malarky not enough time left for punct once upon a time i would type with no spaces the space bar is a wasted key anyhow thanks for reply and try and keep up as you say in America get with the programe cheers mickmatt

Hi Mick Matt

Welcome from Australia

a bit of a coincidence

the QE 2/3 is parked in Brisbane Queensland as we speak

anyway good story

myself I also retired this year

and love my 72 spent the first four years of my life

in the UK in Battersea the last 61 in Australia

welcome again from John in Queensland Australia

Doc
hello Doc whats periods do you mean punctuation?? like i said i am too old for this web malarky not enough time left for punct once upon a time i would type with no spaces the space bar is a wasted key anyhow thanks for reply and try and keep up as you say in America get with the programe cheers mickmatt
I missed your reply the first time around. Don't worry about the periods - I enjoy your story! Please don't throw away the space bar key!! :D

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back