Grand Tour des Alpes 2021 - 2000 km in 9 days - a travel report.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there are plans for doing this again or something similar… if I may I’d really like to partake, seeing as I’m in Europe and my Mustang is used to long distance journeys. … 

Frank, 

thank you for letting us contribute to your great trip with our friends and making it a detailed tour guide so much, thank you for sharing and you efforts. It could be a blueprint for some others doing the same... Mustang Tours  :thumb:

If there are plans for doing this again or something similar… if I may I’d really like to partake, seeing as I’m in Europe and my Mustang is used to long distance journeys. … 
Mike,

the plans for a 2022 tour are already in preparation. I will keep you updated as soon as the time period and the final destination is determined.

Cheers Frank

Frank, 

thank you for letting us contribute to your great trip with our friends and making it a detailed tour guide so much, thank you for sharing and you efforts. It could be a blueprint for some others doing the same... Mustang Tours  :thumb:
Tim

as I have answered Mike few minute ago, plans for a 2022 trip are already in preparation and as soon as your golden pony is back on the road again feel free to participate. It will be a pleasure to me. I will keep you updated.

and Mustang Tours.....nice idea! Worth to think about! Definitely! :biggrin:

Cheers Frank

Beautiful trip! Thanks for posting such detailed journal of it!
Pity the weather wasn't as it should be during July.
On the other hand you know now if your mustang is waterproof!! Is it?? :D

With such roads, in rain, great you did not have problems greater than this spark plugs wires!

I'm sure you're ready to sign up for next year!!

@luxstang   Also near your location, the Dutch club (https://www.fordmustangclub.nl) used to organise every year similar trips to different places in a 1000km radius of center Holland.  Covid ruined the plans for past 2 seasons but since all seams to restart the right way, i'm sure these trips/events will return for 22.

Thanks for posting about your trip, looks fantastic as it's an awesome way to enjoy your Mustang! Gotta say it's also very brave, I'd be shit scared of my car falling apart haha.

Well done!

Thank you for sharing and reviving memories.

There's a lot of beautiful scenery in that part of the world. I spent about 2 years in Germany while in the army, and have a lot of good memories. Some of the best are of the Bavarian Alps and Zugspitze Peak. I also spent a lot of my time on other mountain tops in Southern Germany setting up communication sites for the 7th Army to communicate with various units. Spending time in the mountains and sleeping in tents was far better than spending time in the barracks.

Don C, I agree southern Germany is beautiful. I was at Hahn AB for two years and went south every time I could. Since then, I've visited  southern Germany many times, my wife is German. I love the people, the food, and the beer, the level of government involvement in the lives of the people, not so much (I feel the same way about our government as well). When Covid dissipates, I hope to visit again. The food and the beer are calling. Chuck

Yes, the food and beer were great. I liked going to gasthauses in the small towns and villages, some brewed their own beer and butchered their own livestock, great atmosphere, treated GIs good and prices were much less than in the cities. 

Don C, I agree southern Germany is beautiful. I was at Hahn AB for two years and went south every time I could. Since then, I've visited  southern Germany many times, my wife is German. I love the people, the food, and the beer, the level of government involvement in the lives of the people, not so much (I feel the same way about our government as well). When Covid dissipates, I hope to visit again. The food and the beer are calling. Chuck
Chuck 

just call me as soon as you are back in Germany. You are cordially invited to local beer and hearty food.

Frank

Chuck 

just call me as soon as you are back in Germany. You are cordially invited to local beer and hearty food.

Frank
Perhaps we should arrange a small meeting together with Oliver P. from behind Bad Urach, Chuck and Oliver already know each other.

It sounds good to me. Now if Covid would get out of the way. Chuck
At the moment it looks like the restrictions due to Covid19 are getting less day by day in our area. As lots of people are already vaccinated, there are no limits any more for private meeting in the Southwest since Monday this week. Wearing a mask in public is still mandatory as well as quick tests or a confirmation that you are vaccinated against or recovered from Covid19 if you want to enter an indoor restaurant. Life's getting more and more normal again.

Frank

Back