Great find, this site!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on! I live by BC, work here in Bakersfield, and nearly ready to drive my '72 here in Bako!!

That's cool. I work at Chevron Kern River just down the bluff from the college but live on the south west side of town. I frequent Sonic a lot on Friday nights where when the weather is good all the toys in town seem to stroll through there in case you were not aware, this is the Sonic on Olive Dr. Maybe well run into each other sooner or later.

::welcome::

Hi everybody!

My name is Dale, I'm a dad with 5 great kids, I live in Bakersfield, CA. Famoso is my home track, hope to drive my '72 Grande' soon. It's been sitting since '04, when I noticed water in the oil... ugggh! So I used that as an excuse to build my dream motor: 351c remanufactured block from PAW, ported and polished aussie heads and roller cam kit from Powerheads. Ross forged 9.5/1 pistons, milodon camgear drive, weiand single plane topped with a Demon 750, MSD ignition... etc. When I went to install the motor I couldn't get it to fit. So it sat for years. Last year, it turns out the motor mount was 'off' by a little bit. Needless to say, I have been busting my butt to get the motor running... Lots of work to get it driveable, but that won't be long now. Time has taken it's toll on the car, too. These pictures were taken yesterday!!

Dale:cool:

::welcome::::beer::Welcome to the club of the long term restorers of the mustang. lol Mine upon acquisition as a car held together by paste per se, back in 03. Upon the installation of an EFI unit, taken it for granted the farmers that worked on it, tuned it as well until found the 02 sensor kapoot and was dumping pure gas into the oil. welcome from ground zero, Latrobe, PA. ps, just found out am going to be a 4th time great grandfather! 'now who is going to get the stang when I pass'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back