Gremlin

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
H code 351c
Edelbrock intake, 4bb Holley carb
Went for a drive tonight and noticed for the first time ever my left indicator light was staying on, not blinking but on. It even affected the performance strangely in reverse the car would die on me. Once I turned the lights off it turned off and things worked fine.

Guessing my wire was grounding out somewhere.

I turned the lights on and off a few times and it stayed off. Gotta love gremlins :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a short, however, it could also be a lack of ground for one or more lights and it is seeking a ground through other lights or circuits, which can then cause other problems.

Just switched to a one wire alternator and got rid of the alternator wiring. Wondering if an end of it must be touching something.

Just switched to a one wire alternator and got rid of the alternator wiring. Wondering if an end of it must be touching something.

Very unlikely, as the alternator circuitry is totally unrelated to turn signal lights. However, you could have inadvertently touched a turn signal wire/ground and caused problems. Look closely in the area in and around the alternator/battery before moving on to other trouble-shooting areas.

The alternator wiring loom looks like it attaches under the battery tray and runs forward was my thinking. Have not had time to troubleshoot it yet.

Back