Headers for 351c with 4 speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2000 F250-SD
2001 H-D FLTR
2004 GMC Denali
In my research I have not found a header that will fit a 351c with a 4 speed. I will be utilizing the stock factory clutch set up. My car is equipped with power steering.

Does anyone know of a header that will fit this application? If so, pros and cons?

Thanks,

klinton994

Last edited by a moderator:
Klinton994,

1971 fb with 351 4v and toploader out of a 1973 model.

I am using patriot H 8413b with no issues, stock z bar and linkage .

also has power steering.

They also fit pretty well when this car had a c4 trans.

Boilermaster

Boilermaster

Thank you. I will check those out!

Klinton994,

1971 fb with 351 4v and toploader out of a 1973 model.

I am using patriot H 8413b with no issues, stock z bar and linkage .

also has power steering.

They also fit pretty well when this car had a c4 trans.

Boilermaster

In my research I have not found a header that will fit a 351c with a 4 speed. I will be utilizing the stock factory clutch set up. My car is equipped with power steering.

Does anyone know of a header that will fit this application? If so, pros and cons?

Thanks,

klinton994
I have a 71 351c, 4 speed. I have Hooker 6315-H, they are the ceramic coated headers. They fit very well, but I do not have power steering, so depending how the pump and lines hang, that may be a problem, although I wouldn't think it would.

Jeff73

Is this the header model you have?

Hooker Competition Full Length Header - Painted

71-73 Mustang/Cougar/Falcon/Fairlane/ Torino/Ranchero/Cyclone/Montego: 351C,...

Part# 6921HKR

I'm using Hooker Comps, but I don't have power steering. http://www.cjponyparts.com/hooker-comp-long-tube-headers-black-351-cleveland-4v-1971-1973/p/EXHD57/?gclid=CNPoj976-9ECFVA7gQodky4JSw

I think they hang a little low, but they are serviceable.

I also had mine nitroplated after installing and then removing them - much better protection than buying their ceramic coating and if you have to tweak a tube, you don't have a ruined coating

'yellowmach351

I could not locate that part number on the hooker header web site. Is that an old number? Are yours the completion or super competition model?

thanks

Thanks,

klinton994
I have a 71 351c, 4 speed. I have Hooker 6315-H, they are the ceramic coated headers. They fit very well, but I do not have power steering, so depending how the pump and lines hang, that may be a problem, although I wouldn't think it would.

'yellowmach351

I could not locate that part number on the hooker header web site. Is that an old number? Are yours the completion or super competition model?

thanks

Sorry, my mistake. They are the 6915-1hkr. I had just come in from my shop fighting the top loader !!

Thanks,

klinton994

i'm using Hedmans with the stock clutch linkage & power steering with no problems, except for the fact that they are for 2v not 4v heads.

i'm using Hedmans with the stock clutch linkage & power steering with no problems, except for the fact that they are for 2v not 4v heads.
Thank you, 

My engine is a 2V. Are you pleased with the fit and quality? What type of finish is in them?

Thank you, 

My engine is a 2V. Are you pleased with the fit and quality? What type of finish is in them?
I just looked sat the Hedman website. Model 88220 is the only header I found to for 351 Cleveland, 4 speed, power steering  these are 18 gauge tube headers

I'm running 4v hooker competitions on mine with power steering. no problems that I can tell

I'm running 4v hooker competitions on mine with power steering.  no problems that I can tell
I called Holley/Hooker.  They don't offer anything for a 2V, 4 speed, power steering, application. At this time I am aware that FPA, Patriot, and Hedman, offer what I am looking for. From the reviews I have read, I am leaning towards the FPA headers. Even though they are very expensive.

Thank you, 

Fit & quality are very good indeed. They were fitted by the previous owner who managed to get them chromed by a buddy. They are model 88220.

Back