Hello from Bruges, Belgium

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome from Luxembourg.

I'm afraid your calculation is wrong.

1 gallon is 3.78 liters. 1.7€ is 2.22$.

3.78x2.22= 8.39.

So your price is 8.39$ per gallon.

:)
Haha, indeed so! I divided instead of multiplied. Not quite good at solving equations. You should have seen my face when the lorry with concrete arrived for my build at home after I miscalculated that one. haha :-/ Thanks for the correction!

Welcome from Holland ....

Toffe bak , en het maakt geen drol uit dat er geen V8 in ligt..... alleen Jeanetten welke geen Mustang kunnen rijden vallen daar over ;)

Lekker cruisen met die bak !

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from sunny (actually, rainy at the moment) Miami! I'm glad you were able to become a proud Mustang owner... welcome to the site! You'll find plenty of great info and people here.

As far as your Mustang goes, it's a great start. Just wanted to point out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having the six-banger. On the contrary, they make great low end torque and are tough as nails. Plus they give you an amazing amount of engine bay space, making them a perfect candidate for a beast turbo setup. I saw a guy at a local show a few months ago bring a mid 60s Falcon set up for drag racing. That thing sounded like no car I'd ever heard and was practically the star of the show that night. When he popped the hood, there it was... a fully built six cylinder with a massive turbo. Amazing. And guess what? It wasn't a V8. If it had been a V8 I would've admired it for a minute and kept walking. Instead, I took pictures of it and stared at it for ten friggin' minutes... and it is STILL engraved in my mind. Because it was different.

My point is, you don't necessarily need a big ol' 8 to have a nice ride. Embracing what you have is always a good choice. I bought a hardtop coupe with a 302, and have had multiple opportunities to throw a 351 into it. Instead, I'm keeping the small block and building the car to throw it into corners, since the engine is relatively light and allows me to make a more balanced vehicle. If it had been a 250, I would've kept it as well and made it a boosted corner carver.

If you saw a race between a three-legged horse and a thoroughbred, which would you root for? The underdog. Because it takes balls to do something nobody else wants to do. Takes more creativity to build a car with shortcomings than just slapping together the biggest baddest parts you can afford.

I'm not putting down the guys with big blocks on here, I'm just saying that a little imagination can go a long way. And best of all, you'll dare to be different.

Anyway... WELCOME!!!

Hello from sunny (actually, rainy at the moment) Miami! I'm glad you were able to become a proud Mustang owner... welcome to the site! You'll find plenty of great info and people here.

As far as your Mustang goes, it's a great start. Just wanted to point out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having the six-banger. On the contrary, they make great low end torque and are tough as nails. Plus they give you an amazing amount of engine bay space, making them a perfect candidate for a beast turbo setup. I saw a guy at a local show a few months ago bring a mid 60s Falcon set up for drag racing. That thing sounded like no car I'd ever heard and was practically the star of the show that night. When he popped the hood, there it was... a fully built six cylinder with a massive turbo. Amazing. And guess what? It wasn't a V8. If it had been a V8 I would've admired it for a minute and kept walking. Instead, I took pictures of it and stared at it for ten friggin' minutes... and it is STILL engraved in my mind. Because it was different.

My point is, you don't necessarily need a big ol' 8 to have a nice ride. Embracing what you have is always a good choice. I bought a hardtop coupe with a 302, and have had multiple opportunities to throw a 351 into it. Instead, I'm keeping the small block and building the car to throw it into corners, since the engine is relatively light and allows me to make a more balanced vehicle. If it had been a 250, I would've kept it as well and made it a boosted corner carver.

If you saw a race between a three-legged horse and a thoroughbred, which would you root for? The underdog. Because it takes balls to do something nobody else wants to do. Takes more creativity to build a car with shortcomings than just slapping together the biggest baddest parts you can afford.

I'm not putting down the guys with big blocks on here, I'm just saying that a little imagination can go a long way. And best of all, you'll dare to be different.

Anyway... WELCOME!!!
Thanks! This really gave me a good feeling. Inspiring pep-talk you did there! :) I actually have done a lot of research putting together a wish-list of improvements to the engine. Aluminum cylinder head with aftermarket intake manifold, exhaust headers, adjustable rocker arms, high performance carburetor set-up, turbo, gear ratio's,.... I really hope to learn from you guys or finding my way to get some parts. I really love improving my Mustang, and my oldest son loves helping, even though he can't even hold a wrench straight.

And about the weather, here it's raining "old wives" too, but thats just normal these parts of the globe.

Welcome from Scorching Southern California! I'd welcome a little rain to take the edge off these 109 Degree days. You've got quite a good looking Mustang there! Be sure to post up new pictures once you get the new decals for it. Can't wait to see what direction you decide to run with it!

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Nice looking Mustang, I'm sure it will look even better when you make it yours with your planned upgrades.

My 73 convertible is also a 6 banger. I've thought about changing it to a V8 over the years, but have kept the 6 cylinder. As others have said, the 6 cylinder does get a lot of attention at the car shows. Keep the pictures and updates coming as you progress on your upgrades.

Welcome! Tell those 71-73 haters to go watch the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds :D they used a '73 Mustang fastback as Eleanor in the original movie so Eleanor really should be this body style!! That movie is the main reason I wanted one of these!!

Welcome! Tell those 71-73 haters to go watch the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds :D they used a '73 Mustang fastback as Eleanor in the original movie so Eleanor really should be this body style!! That movie is the main reason I wanted one of these!!
Cool! I didn't know that! Never saw the original movie. I got some youtubing to do!

Cool! I didn't know that! Never saw the original movie. I got some youtubing to do!
Haha! Oh my god! My heart just stopped during that chase! Beautifull! Thanks for the information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back