Hello from Colorado Springs-1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I recently bought a 1972 Mach 1 and absolutely love it. I have always been partial to 1971-73 Mustang, so it feels great to finally own one of my dream cars. Until now I have been in the Foxbody world, having owned 2 mid-80s Mustangs and a 1981 Capri. My 72 was restored before I bought it, and is in very good driving condition but I don't have a lot of details about its history. I will be ordering a Marti Report. It is an H-code car but currently has 4V heads, Edelbrock Performer-4V intake and Holley 750 carb. Looking forward to learning more about tuning carburetors. I will be doing little things like restoring the engine bay to a more stock appearance (getting the ram air plenum/air cleaner assembly; relocating all the aftermarket MSD ignition stuff somewhere else so I can put the window washer reservoir back where it goes, etc). The interior is in really good shape, but the former owner cut the radio bezel to put in a modern din stereo. I ordered a replica bezel and am looking for an oem radio, preferably the 8-track stereo. I will probably hide a newer stereo in the glove box or somewhere to plug in an iPod. Not a big fan of the Custom Sound replica radios. They look pretty good, but I would prefer the original.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing information about these cars and participating in the discussions on the forum!

View attachment 55391

View attachment 55392

View attachment 55393

View attachment 55394

View attachment 55395
Sweet ride. Looks like Garden of The Gods in the background! I used to do a radio/TV show in The Springs 2000-2003, we lived in Cripple Creek.

Welcome from Aurora CO. Nice looking car! I was curious if you still have 8 track tapes. :) I swapped out my stock AM/FM with an AM/FM Cassette out of a 73 Ford F150 like the one listed here on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254671258611?hash=item3b4b9703f3:g:cUIAAOSwv3lgp74- Bolts right in. :)
I bought a 73 Mustang AM 8Track Radio off eBay and am currently having it restored/modified by Barrys 8 Track Repair. I do have a few 8 track tapes and am looking forward to listening to them in the Mustang!
Sweet ride. Looks like Garden of The Gods in the background! I used to do a radio/TV show in The Springs 2000-2003, we lived in Cripple Creek.
Yes it is! I live a few minutes from there. That's the scenic overlook on Mesa Rd.

I bought a 73 Mustang AM 8Track Radio off eBay and am currently having it restored/modified by Barrys 8 Track Repair. I do have a few 8 track tapes and am looking forward to listening to them in the Mustang!
Let us know how your AM 8-track turns out. I've read good things about Barry's service.

Latest posts

Back