Hello from England

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi from Phoenix. I imagine that is going to be a long several weeks while it is being shipped! I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night from the excitement.
For sure :D

And to make matters worse, I have just ruptured my calf muscle so will be on crutches pretty much until it arrives :-/

On the bright side, a dodgy leg gives me plenty of time for online researching :bravo:

Thanks Mark

Just had a look at your website, and loving the Convertible :)

Looks like it was Registered at the Ruislip VRO when it arrived in the UK. Is the car still down south (West London)?

Cheers

Al

Hi Al,

How did you find that out? It's not to far from Ruislip, just up the M40, Henley on Thames. Are you down south too?
Dont worry im not a Rozzer lol lollerz

The second letter in you regno denotes where it was first registered in the UK, In your case its an "L" which is West London, and the VRO for West London back then was Victoria Road Ruislip. Back then Ruislip used to cover all of NW, W, SW Middlesex, Hilingdon, Harrow, Surrey, Hertfordshire etc.

The reason I know is, that 1. I grew up only a couple of miles away, and 2. I worked for a car manufacturer for years and my job covered New Registrations, and Imports from Italy & the Channel Isles ::thumb::

Back then the order of the 3 letters were issued in sets of 999 on V53's, so you will probably find that all 71/72 imports registered in at that office all had the "JLD" suffix

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you're right, I've seen quite a few JLD plates around. The guy I bought my car off thought the 24k made the car worth more!
Back in the good old days, if you smiled nicely or was a familiar face at the counter they would let you pick out the regno yourself from what what left from the current 999 numbers they were using. Unless you got a missirable old bat :D

On a side note, I remember signs being up in the office saying "please do not give the staff gifts" :whistling:

Back