Hello from Germany/Bavarian

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of look at it like an archeological dig. Document what you have and what you don't know for sure. Over time the picture will become clearer. I've had my car 22 years and am still discovering "new" things as I go. It's good to see things from your perspective, I will need to put a log book together to document all the modifications I've made or the next person will be totally lost. It's quite an amalgam of parts. LOL!!
But normally you are paid for such a look😉🤣yes so far I kept all bills for example, but there were so many little things.... Like the connection to the servo pump..... 

I found the owner, who put the V8 engine in, but this is about 30 years ago, and he gave all documents to the next owner..... Unfortunately these documents got lost over the years, I did not get anything when I bought her..... 

🤣🤣🙊 But then you are good seller 😉

Hello Sarah,

So glad you decided to join us. When I ran across your post on Facebook about the spark plug problems you were having, I just knew you needed an invite to look us over. Everyone here is very knowledgeable and willing to help you any way they can. We have many international members here, including several from Germany. Sorry to hear you some bad experiences with your German Mustang group. You will not run into that here.

You and Mary Blue are going to like it here.....Welcome to your new Mustang home!!  🙂
thx for telling me about it 
1f642.png

for sure there are also good people in german group, but I often read in that group their posts, most of the time, there just stupid comments, not answering what was asked for....or others are compaining how you can ask such stupid things and so on.....not everybody is an expert, and we try to get knowledge about books and you tube-like to make a carburetor overhaul....by the way , I try my best to get all the correct designations, and this is something wihich is hard for me to learn
1f648.png

I am looking forward to get new informations experiences
1f642.png

unfortunately the spark plug problem is still there....when you told me that brf42 correct , we found out that my buddy Manu has to has the same in his 427fe engine. So yesterday we wamted to test his one- and they didn t fit-why, because it seems like my engine block is from 1974, BUT my cyclinder head fom 1970-so this why my spark plugs are not that ones, they should be.I have to have the ones with 16mm socket.....I got them yesterday, but after test ride plug face is still to lean and hot. We already changed mainjets to the highest size, without riding with jerky engine....I can t find a colder plug....that she draws air , we also had tested-negative

Now we think about to change the ignition timing, and if this not help , I will contact some guy to change the air fleeds(?) at the carburetor and measure emissions to get a good result.....or do you have any idea, what could be the problem ?

If it's so lean the carb cannot be adjusted to compensate i'd recommend checking for vacuum leaks first. That said I did have to change idle air bleeds and fuel restrictors to take fuel away from the idle circuit as it was way too rich.

What carburetor do you have?

If it's so lean the carb cannot be adjusted to compensate i'd recommend checking for vacuum leaks first. That said I did have to change idle air bleeds and fuel restrictors to take fuel away from the idle circuit as it was way too rich.

What carburetor do you have?
yes we did vacuum leak check yesterday- but everything ok......I have an 4160 Holley 600

Mary Blue, Not to put pressure on you, but where are the pictures??? We LOVE pictures here.

Here's mine, 

Geoff.

View attachment 43148
Hey hello, 

What a nice car 😍 as more I see this colour, I think about a painting like that 😅 

Unfortunately my English is not the best, and till now I did not really come along with this site here.... I didn t get where I can post my car or when I found something, the pictures are too big.... I read something, how to do, but I didn t understand it, because of my poor English knowledge.... And the most translator in internet are terrible 😅😅

I hope one pic does gut in here

IMG_20200624_012938.jpg

Hey hello, 

What a nice car 😍 as more I see this colour, I think about a painting like that 😅 

Unfortunately my English is not the best, and till now I did not really come along with this site here.... I didn t get where I can post my car or when I found something, the pictures are too big.... I read something, how to do, but I didn t understand it, because of my poor English knowledge.... And the most translator in internet are terrible 😅😅

View attachment 43150
IMG-20200617-WA0008.jpeg

Hallo Sarah und herzlich willkommen aus Luxemburg!! 😀

This is definitely the right place to be if you own one of these Mustangs. I know the German Mustang community quite well and....., well..... there's a reason I'm here. 🙂

Hey hello, 

View attachment 43150
Thank you Sarah, Your car looks great also, lots of potential there to make it your own.

Your English is really not too bad, I don't have a problem understanding what you want to say, so I'm sure others won't either. Explain as best you can, and we'll figure it out. 

Geoff.

Welcome from North Carolina, USA. 

Thank you Sarah, Your car looks great also, lots of potential there to make it your own.

Your English is really not too bad, I don't have a problem understanding what you want to say, so I'm sure others won't either. Explain as best you can, and we'll figure it out. 

Geoff.
Thank you, I try it 😅😅😅 

Welcome from Missouri!  Cool looking car.  The group here has an incredible and unparalleled mass of knowledge that is indispensable when working on these cars.  Wilkommen!

Hello Sarah welcome to the forum from North Carolina. 
There is never a day that I do not learn something new about these Mustangs. I am 72 and have owned since new. So ask all the questions you have someone will have an answer. 
I do not know if you have Lucas Oil products in Germany or not. I use their gas addative in my cars to lubricate the valves and upper cylinder. It replaces the lead they took out of the gas. Here is link to information.

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUCAS-Diesel-Fuel-Additive-49EP38?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy8f6BRC7ARIsAPIXOjhOmBpCtpZIdB3zkhZr9335PTtQQ1S08H4e2zDtWUoc-qWmyhdzHp0aAnx-EALw_wcB&searchQuery=49EP38&gucid=N%3AN%3APS%3APaid%3AGGL%3ACSM-2296%3ALZ31B4%3A20501231&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwy8f6BRC7ARIsAPIXOjhOmBpCtpZIdB3zkhZr9335PTtQQ1S08H4e2zDtWUoc-qWmyhdzHp0aAnx-EALw_wcB%3AG%3As&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!254043094448!p!!g!!lucas+10003

Back