Hello from Jensen Beach, FL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi David,

and welcome from Brisbane, Australia. Beautiful Vert you have there. I'm very jealous as white is my favorite color, especially triple white. Dressing it up with all the mat black war paint and goodies to the Mach 1 theme, is a look i would go for in a big way myself. In your case, you probably would want to keep the car original i would imagine.

Greg.:)
Thanks for the kind words, and yes I have to keep her original as posible. But I also love the black accent stripes, spoilers and NASA hoods, maybe my next mustang. ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking car and a Q. I have 72 Q and like yours they did not get Traction Loc? Decor Group is great option on vert. I will probably make the Charlotte Hornets Nest show but not to Florida this year too much going on.

David
Yes, I am running the 3.25:1 rear axel (9 code) which had traction lock, also competition suspension.

Rear Axle

2 or K* 2.75:1

3 2.79:1

6 or O* 3.00:1

7 3.40:1

9 or R* 3.25:1

A or S* 3.50:1

G 3.55:1

V* 3.91:1

* w/Traction Lock
Beautiful car! I would love to have a convertible, especially a Q code car. Nice find! As David mentioned above, axle code 9 is for a conventional 3.25 ratio (open). Traction Lok units would have code R for the axle code. Not sure why they would not pair a Traction Lok unit with the Q code but it was an extra cost option ($42.64) in '73

Great looking car and a Q. I have 72 Q and like yours they did not get Traction Loc? Decor Group is great option on vert. I will probably make the Charlotte Hornets Nest show but not to Florida this year too much going on.

David
Yes, I am running the 3.25:1 rear axel (9 code) which had traction lock, also competition suspension.

Rear Axle

2 or K* 2.75:1

3 2.79:1

6 or O* 3.00:1

7 3.40:1

9 or R* 3.25:1

A or S* 3.50:1

G 3.55:1

V* 3.91:1

* w/Traction Lock
Beautiful car! I would love to have a convertible, especially a Q code car. Nice find! As David mentioned above, axle code 9 is for a conventional 3.25 ratio (open). Traction Lok units would have code R for the axle code. Not sure why they would not pair a Traction Lok unit with the Q code but it was an extra cost option ($42.64) in '73
Guess I read that incorrect, bummer, but still love it. :D

David

Nice! Just picked up our '72 H code Sportroof - Gold Glow. We will be there at St. Augustine. Prob display only at this point. Will also have the '04 Roush there too. In Orlando so just a 2 hour drive guess we will drive but toying with the idea of trailering.

We are staying at the Southern Oaks across street from host hotel.

Ken

rJust a quick hi and pics of my 73 Q code vert. If anyone is going to be at the St. Augustine, FL event, I hope to meet you. ?

Nice! Just picked up our '72 H code Sportroof - Gold Glow. We will be there at St. Augustine. Prob display only at this point. Will also have the '04 Roush there too. In Orlando so just a 2 hour drive guess we will drive but toying with the idea of trailering.

We are staying at the Southern Oaks across street from host hotel.

Ken

Ken, didn't realize you were in Orlando. My sister is in Kissimmee and I visit her often, so I'm sure I'll drop in on events in the area

David

Nice and clean looking mustang! Welcome from TEXAS!

Brian

Back