Hello From Nevada Got a Free 72 Mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a 1972 Mach that was free after being abandoned in a foreclosed house. It needs a lot of work, but is slowly coming around.
Hello everyone! My name is Jim and I live in Henderson, Nv (suburb of Las Vegas) I was searching the net and ran across this site. I was given a "free" 72 Mach that was left in a house after an eviction. The owner of the house wanted it junked and asked me if I knew anyone to haul it away. When I saw what it was I decided to keep it. It needs a lot of work but is mostly complete. The removed parts were thrown inside the trunk and interior. I have been slowly collecting the rest of the stuff to restore it. So this free car has probabaly cost me so far enough to have started with a better example but I always liked these cars and didn"t want this one to be scrapped.

A lot of great info on this site!

Welcome Jim! Free is never a bad price. Post up some pics and any questions you may have. You're OK in my book for keeping it from the crusher!

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Free is great! Post up some pictures when you get a chance. I assume you can get a title.

Yes, got a clean title through a local tow company. As it turned out the previous owner contacted the homeowner and said he didn't want the car anymore anyway. So it all worked out.

Hi Jim, and welcome! I live in Henderson too! I'd love to see your Mach some time! I'm building a 73 Convertible. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There's a wealth on knowledge on this site!!! :worthlesswithoutpics:

Doug, sounds good on meeting. I put some pics in the Garage. But here's one in this thread if I do it right.

1972 Mach I A 2012-07-23 17.38.31.jpg

Welcome from West Texas! (and not "West, Texas," either) ;)

You'll have that thing back together in no time - just do some reading and don't be afraid to ask questions - there are no wrong or dumb questions here (if there were, I would've pretty much asked all of them by now rofl )

Looks like you have a fairly solid car to start with. I've seen a whole lot worse! Give me a shout sometime, I'd like to come see it!

Welcome from W. TN. I guess I could say I am a bit partial to the green in 72 as well. Just a bit of a different shade. Welcome to the site. Can't beat the price. Everything from there is pure investment into the car you want.

P2280340 (2).jpg

P2270328 (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back