Hello from Oklahoma

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! I like the stripe! Yours is slightly different from the one on the red car. Look at the area around the handle and also the last stripe is triangular on your car and non-existent on the red car's passenger side. The stripe spacing also looks different on the red car.

Welcome! I like the stripe! Yours is slightly different from the one on the red car. Look at the area around the handle and also the last stripe is triangular on your car and non-existent on the red car's passenger side. The stripe spacing also looks different on the red car.
The driver's side on the red car has the last triangle stripe :huh: Maybe the intallers messed up or the decal came off. The handles also look the same to me. I was thinking... maybe the company who installs the factory decals are the same peeps that installed these. Very similar decaling to the Mexican Shelby GT-351

5lql2f.jpg

Hello Mr Dennis!

Welcome!

What took you so long? LOL

Known you for many years and I'm sure everyone will appreciate your knowledge and experience with the 71-3's.

Ray

i owned a 71 mach 1 in 1984 that had the same stripe. i was wondering if it was a stock stripe, your car is helping me to decide if im going to put this stripe on my current 71. my stripe was not painted on, it was a decal. car was originally bought from van boxtel ford in green bay, wi. as far as i know, this is the stripe it came with.

img100.jpg

img101.jpg

img102.jpg

img103.jpg

Dennis, I'm glad you decided to join us. Great to have you here.

Chuck (Mustang OK)

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe!

Cool stripe job. I have seen some pics on the internet in the past but I thought the stripes were put on by the owner. Seems like that was factory installed after all.

It´s Interesting how suddenly those other pics show up.

We learn something new every day.

i had a 71 with the same exact stipe in 1984. it was a sticker, not painted on. i'm putting this stripe on the 71 i'm currently restoring. please contact me [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting picture from 1971 Mexico City Auto Show.

Striping seems very similar to the stripes's on DWhitaker's wife's car.

Mexico City Auto Show 1971.jpg

Mexico City Auto Show 1971 r a.jpg

Mexico City Auto Show 1971 r.jpg

Looks like Chelby Mexico display. Notice the Motor Wheel "Spyder' wheels on the hardtop. And check out that crazy set of hardtop louvers.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back