Hello from Phoenix Arizona 1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Joe, do you have a modern paint code for your color as it sits? I want the coupe to be that color. It was originally Gold Glow but the faded paint isn't anywhere near what yours looks like! It's flat baby shit yellow with no metal flake! LOL

Ya Ill get it for you Monday I'm out of town til then. Had to get out of the 110 degree heat, up in the mountains at my other house in 80 degree weather with rain! Much better! ;)

6F is the paint code.

This will be what mine looks like when its completely restored!!!

Cant wait. I need the economy to turn around first though!

72-6F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, mine is 6F also! Have you ever had any paint mixed for it? I was wondering what the PPG or Dupont code is? I have a listing somewhere of PPG numbers compared to factory paint codes but I wanted to be sure the color looks like ^^ that ^^ when done!

Soft interior parts are available . Seat covers and some foam underlayment.

The door panels are almost 100% replaceable with affermarket.

The hard plastic interior parts with exception of the dashboard is not available

The rear quarter panels have been reproduced they are so bad it's better they don't exist.

That said. A pillar and c pillar, quarter panel, extensions under the rear window are not available for 71 to 73 cars. There are tons of little things not made also seat badges the metal c channel for the extension pieces the head liner metal covers.

The head liner and the sun visors and parts for the sun visors are made, and they are very nice.

It took me 1.5 years to replace my original ruined interior with fresh parts from various sources using both used and reproduction parts.

I'm still always adding to it and looking for more parts.

If anybody wants more info I've gone through all the repo parts for 71 to 73 cars and have pictures and I can give tips.

yep, mine is 6F also! Have you ever had any paint mixed for it? I was wondering what the PPG or Dupont code is? I have a listing somewhere of PPG numbers compared to factory paint codes but I wanted to be sure the color looks like ^^ that ^^ when done!
Keep in mind that my Mach 1 is 100% original. With it being 38 years old Im sure it has lost some of its actual luster or color. I know when I first bought this car it was badly oxidized so Im sure Ive taken a few layers of it off to bring back the shine. Although it is very presentable it really is more of a 5-10 footer.

Need more money, hopefully have my Trans Am sold next week and some of the process can start.

Looks like we are becoming competitors you have about every thing I had on my site, even your collage is mainly Mach 1's.

Haha, no not competitors! I did notice that. I will add some coupes to the collage. Only now starting to get some good photos of coupes posted!

What kind of changes are you doing on your site? Upgrading to 1.6?

Don't upgrade to 1.6 yet. I might go back actually. The upgrade screws everything up, there are also very few mods and I don't see any reason to change, I see very little that made it worth it to upgrade. Regretting it actually.

I'm going to totally revamp Mach1Club. Have some advertising lined up with Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords. I'm going to make a big push over the next 60 days to get Mach1Club.com off the ground along with StangsForSale.com

Frankly I don't get why people selling Mustangs whether its part or cars wouldn't want to sell 100% free with all the features it allows people to have and it is and will always be 100% free.

Got any suggestions I'm all ears.

I hear that! I almost upgraded yesterday but decided to wait. 1.6 is enticing but it still looks pretty much the same as it is now!

Back to your car...it does look amazing for original! My 6F is faded beyond recognition! LOL

As far as reproduction interior pieces go, I've been hard pressed to find a full length console for these mustangs. I've pretty much concluded that I'm going to have to shell out a few hundred dollars to get an original. I wish someone was making a nice reproduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back