Hello from South Florida!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible daily driver, 250K miles
I joined a couple years ago, but just figured out this posting thing. Love the forums! This is a great website!
Bought my 73 in 1995 with 97,000 miles showing. It has been my daily driver since then. Over the years many, many things have been done to maintain it in a drivable condition. I had to replace the engine about 5 years ago with a rebuilt 'crate' engine but same 351C. Have had the transmission rebuilt or worked on a few times, reupholstered a few times, a new top a few times. Now it needs new gears in the differential. Just replaced wheel bearings, and coil spring saddles. Always something... But I get a lot of SMILES PER GALLON, both mine and others who see me on the road (actually about 8.5 mpg). I am in the perfect place to drive a convertible. The car only lives in a carport, and the top rarely needs to go up. Problem is that all the nice interior dash and door stuff I replaced has the plastic chrome pitting and turning green. The car is now a "10-footer", but still makes me smile:)20150425_093833.jpg

Attachments

• 2451.jpg
    2451.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2455.jpg
    2455.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2462.jpg
    2462.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2472.jpg
    2472.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23
I joined a couple years ago, but just figured out this posting thing. Love the forums! This is a great website!
Bought my 73 in 1995 with 97,000 miles showing. It has been my daily driver since then. Over the years many, many things have been done to maintain it in a drivable condition. I had to replace the engine about 5 years ago with a rebuilt 'crate' engine but same 351C. Have had the transmission rebuilt or worked on a few times, reupholstered a few times, a new top a few times. Now it needs new gears in the differential. Just replaced wheel bearings, and coil spring saddles. Always something... But I get a lot of SMILES PER GALLON, both mine and others who see me on the road (actually about 8.5 mpg). I am in the perfect place to drive a convertible. The car only lives in a carport, and the top rarely needs to go up. Problem is that all the nice interior dash and door stuff I replaced has the plastic chrome pitting and turning green. The car is now a "10-footer", but still makes me smile:)View attachment 64855
My 73 lives in my garage and goes for rides every now and then. I know that smile your talking about. I get it every time I open that garage door

I am in the perfect place to drive a convertible. The car only lives in a carport, and the top rarely needs to go up. Problem is that all the nice interior dash and door stuff I replaced has the plastic chrome pitting and turning green. The car is now a "10-footer", but still makes me smile:)
Welcome, James. Nice vert. Top still down?:)

Welcome from NC! Awesome vert.

Bought my 73 in 1995 with 97,000 miles showing. It has been my daily driver since then. Over the years many, many things have been done to maintain it in a drivable condition. I had to replace the engine about 5 years ago with a rebuilt 'crate' engine but same 351C. Have had the transmission rebuilt or worked on a few times, reupholstered a few times, a new top a few times. Now it needs new gears in the differential. Just replaced wheel bearings, and coil spring saddles. Always something... But I get a lot of SMILES PER GALLON, both mine and others who see me on the road (actually about 8.5 mpg). I am in the perfect place to drive a convertible. The car only lives in a carport, and the top rarely needs to go up. Problem is that all the nice interior dash and door stuff I replaced has the plastic chrome pitting and turning green. The car is now a "10-footer", but still makes me smile:)View attachment 64855
Welcome from Reno, Nevada! Nice 73 Vert! I am currently struggling with interior plastics as well...sigh. What a fun car to drive though! Love the "smiles per gallon" line... gonna borrow that. cheers!

Back