Hello from the UK!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I'm from Lincoln, England, UK.

I bought my 72 Mach1 from a friend as an ongoing project about 10 years ago but so far have only driven it about 1000 miles with the Cleveland in it. He had the bodywork & paint fixed up quite well but I have had quite a few problems with the engine & gearbox etc.

I have just got a 429 swapped in and running & hope to put a few more miles on it while the summer is here. I pulled the 429 out of a scrap 1969 Galaxie 500 XL back in 1989, cleaned it up & re-assembled with new rings bearings, oil pump & a mild cam from PAW. Then it sat on an engine stand until last year! Started up for the first time about a month ago. Mechanically it sounds & runs ok but I think I got an airlock & overheated it during break in. A head gasket is leaking a little, pressurising the system. Oh well, guess I'll have to pull the heads.

See you later

Dunc
Hey are you the King that is a relative of mine? ...... in exile and .... need me to keep your millions? .....you know where I get to keep 100's of thousands as a management fee?????

JUst kidding!!!!!:cool: too much of an opportunity to pass up:D:D:D:D. Welcome!!!!

You must tell us the story of the the Mach 1 with the ladder on top; that is crazy looking-what goes? Beautiful yellow-is it grabber yellow? A warm welcome to another friend from the mother country. I'll see you in April!

Welcome from west central Florida.

::welcome:: from Germany

Nice looking ride with a very nice yellow coloring!

Hope you will fix your problem soon - it isn't nice when our big buddy looses water between the heads and block - ask me why I know... :-/

BTW - I think you spoiler studs on the back are a bit too near to your rear window...

Tim

You must tell us the story of the the Mach 1 with the ladder on top; that is crazy looking-what goes? Beautiful yellow-is it grabber yellow? A warm welcome to another friend from the mother country. I'll see you in April!

Welcome from west central Florida.
At the time we were running a band rehearsal studio in an industrial unit. One of the roof panels was damaged in a storm so we had to hire a roofing ladder to fix it. We had no ladder/roof bars for our van and the Mach1 was our only vehicle with gutters that would take the bars I had. It was pretty hilarious going to the hire shop, the guy behind the counter helped us put the ladder on the car then got his camera & took photos! Lots of weird looks going to the studio, but it was only about half a mile.

The car was painted for the previous owner, it's some kind of base yellow I believe, much brighter than it was originally.

Thanks for sharing the ladder and the Mach 1 story; I can only imagine the looks you received--even it was only a half a mile. If only the Mustang was painted fire engine red; then you would have England's only "Hook and Ladder Fire-Mustang".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back