Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :D,

I recently joined after buying a 73 coupe. It is setup for drag racing but i am more of a cruiser so I replaced carb with Holly 600 cfm and new distributor, doing some interior upgrades as well. I have peeked on this forum as a guest and appreciate the help and inspiration. Will try to contribute as i can with my limited newbie experience.

One problem has popped up... i am removing the old car alarm that was installed, no diagram or info on the maker, nothing on line. As i pull one wire at a time I found the electric fuel pump is wired through a series of fuses in a box under the hood then to the alarm relay.of course if disconnect this the fuel pump gets no power.

Any one else deat with this and have any suggestions??

thanks,

dennis73
::welcome::you miight have to track down prior owners @ the alarm but as for the electrical-i would check out a good auto electric then have a good compression test and dyotune then get on line @ a good engine/tranny/fuel additive-not a snake oil business at xado.com. The best protection and rennovation to put your performance facet like new.

Hi everyone :D,

I recently joined after buying a 73 coupe. It is setup for drag racing but i am more of a cruiser so I replaced carb with Holly 600 cfm and new distributor, doing some interior upgrades as well. I have peeked on this forum as a guest and appreciate the help and inspiration. Will try to contribute as i can with my limited newbie experience.

One problem has popped up... i am removing the old car alarm that was installed, no diagram or info on the maker, nothing on line. As i pull one wire at a time I found the electric fuel pump is wired through a series of fuses in a box under the hood then to the alarm relay.of course if disconnect this the fuel pump gets no power.

Any one else deat with this and have any suggestions??

thanks,

dennis73
::welcome::you miight have to track down prior owners @ the alarm but as for the electrical-i would check out a good auto electric then have a good compression test and dyotune then get on line @ a good engine/tranny/fuel additive-not a snake oil business at xado.com. The best protection and rennovation to put your performance facet like new.
ps-what size engine/rear axle/hp/ft torque ie some performance stats?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

a shout out from MY VAN.....down by THA RIVER!

Hey come by Off Topic for off the wall discussions to get to know everybody or 7173 Talk and post pics about your car... We love pic's so scoot over to 7173 Talk and post those!!! You'll get the whole team over on that section of our site.

Welcome from West Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back