Help identifying trim pieces

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible 351-4V with RAM Air
Ok, started stripping all the trim from my 71 convertible in preparation for body work/painting. Lots of the trim is in bad condition but I've been able to find a number of repros at the usual dealers. One thing I cannot identify, however, is a small piece that runs along the back of the hood, and has a small finishing piece on each side that sits on top of the fender by the window supports. I'm adding a pic with some arrows to help.

Anyone know what these are and where I might find them?

Thanks in advance.

P1010634-trim.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello FastEddie,

I believe that they are part of the bright trim package. They are not reproduced. Here are the Ford Master parts pictures and part numbers to look for NOS.

wa26ol.jpg

n37k94.jpg

33fb0vs.jpg

314ecrl.jpg

Source: Ford Motor Master Catalogue

They are a nice addition when that are cleaned up and or restored along with the bright Windshield trim.

mustang7173:D

yup as far as i know they are not reproduced. you can get the originals fixed. they take the dents out, polish it and then redip the parts, the dipping puts a very thick clear coat on the parts. the parts are polished aluminum not stainless. so if you polish them and do not bright dip them, they will dull and stain within 3 days.

i was told it is called "bright dip".

it is like a plastic coating or thick clear coating.

Back