Help with Erson Cam Identification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceberg65

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang Mach 1
351c 4v auto
Hi everyone; I've been working on my 71 mustang for a while now (got the project thread going) but was wondering if any of you could help with Identifying the cam from the markings that were on it. I have had no luck with trying to find it's specs. It does have a fairly radical idle and make fairly low vacuum.

I see Erson 310m; I', thinking the 108 is the lobe separation; and the 351 is the engine displacement it's made for.

The three I listed above are the only 351c cams that are hyd flat tappet with a 108 Lob separation that Erson currently offers. Obviously they have many others for the 351c but different LSA or not hyd flat tappet.

Thanks guys; it does seem to be a high rpm cam for sure. It is an older grind so I cant be sure. The three you linked 73pony are great to see I didn't find those before..I did send Erson an email but never got a response from them I should almost try again.

I do have the little green stall converter, Torker intake and long tube headers on it in my car now and it seems to be fairly responsive with factory flat top pistons and OC 4v heads. The ezefi has tamed down the idle a bit too it seems. (before it had an old but recently rebuilt but not fully tuned 750DP)

I'm kind of thinking it's probably the E220421....possibly 521 I don't know a ton of details on the whole motor but the guy I bought it off of said the guy that did it was a well seasoned ford Hot rodder so I wouldn't be surprised if the heads or block were decked a bit too.

Back