HF New Jack Stands

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set of 3-ton Daytona stands (4) from HF I originally bought for my Mach 1 - haven't had a single issue with them. I also grabbed a set of 6-tons because I needed the extra reach for my Jeep CJ-7 - again, and surprisingly, no worries.

I had a pair of recalled stands. They refunded my money and I bought the new, safe ones when they became available. They work just fine. Chuck

I have some hf jack stands. I checked their website. Mine are not listed as the ones that need to be replaced, but they are on the list as an option to return them for a refund.
I am upset that I didn’t hear about this from hf at the time of the recall. Luckily, mine were not the ones recalled but they easily could have been and my life could have been in danger. I am going to return the ones I have. I wonder how many defective ones are out there that people are unaware of.
Thanks to cv_72mustang for posting this!

I had a pair of recalled stands. They refunded my money and I bought the new, safe ones when they became available. They work just fine. Chuck
I had 2 sets from the recall. I waited until they had one of their 25% off sales and took them in for refund and bought a pair replacements and broke even. The beam on the recalled stands had shallow, rough-cast teeth that didn't fully engage with the catch mechanism.

I have some hf jack stands. I checked their website. Mine are not listed as the ones that need to be replaced, but they are on the list as an option to return them for a refund.
I am upset that I didn’t hear about this from hf at the time of the recall. Luckily, mine were not the ones recalled but they easily could have been and my life could have been in danger. I am going to return the ones I have. I wonder how many defective ones are out there that people are unaware of.
Thanks to cv_72mustang for posting this!
I cannot find information on the optional recall jack stands I only have the recall info. For 56371, 56373, 61196 and 61197.
Please send info or a link.
Thanks,
Jim Day

Good news! I can upgrade my 3 and 6 ton jack stands to new safe ones for $20. a pair. I really appreciate your response.

Good news, bad news:
HF currently only has pads for the 3Ton Jack Stands. However, if you saved your OLD black 3Ton pads, they DO fit the new 6Ton Jack Stands. The old red 6Ton jack pads do not seem to fit anything I have at this point. A big rubber mallet will greatly simplify pad installation in both cases.

Back