HOOD HINGE REPAIR

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
So I was having trouble a few weeks ago pinning down the final alignment of my hood..I would get it perfect equal gaps etc..but Once you opened it & then closed it..The gaps would change..I spent a bunch of time messing with it & finally nailed it down to the after market hood hinges...Now don't get me wrong we are talking a small change in alignment & for most they wouldn't even care..But for me since this is a show car I needed better..But my old ford o.e.m hinges had tons of play from the pins wearing as well as the holes being egged out...I happened to luck out & found a guy Named Willie Wilson who owns Wilson Antique Car Parts..Willie has the machining to make the required new pins..& repairs the egging of holes they go in..I figured what the heck..Called him..Quoted me $150,00 Which happens to be a very fair price..most of the few places that do this are a lot more !(My hinges had already been bead blasted & epoxy primed BEFORE I sent them to him)..I just got them back today & I'm impressed GREAT JOB !!! They are better then new..Can't wait to get them on the car..So if any of you need your hinges redone...This is the guy to do the job !

http://www.hoodhingerepair.com/

100_4150.JPG100_4151.JPG100_4152.JPG100_4153.JPG100_4154.JPG100_4155.JPG

Back