hood stencil

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree Chris. Yours looks very good and yes, use it as a guide.
When I had mine painted and I've said this many times, I screwed up and told my painter 2" (purists will say 1 7/8") from the front of the hood edge, forgetting the 1" trim was not yet on. So, mine is like too many we see and the front edge is now 3" back. However, that has never been called out at shows. I did however retain the width that Graphics Express's stencil gives. Personally, it has better proportions than the Ford layout.
Thanks for that information Geoff. I never understood why so many hood patches were so far from the edge of the hood until your point about measuring without the molding being on. I have a car with that exact problem that someone else painted and it's killing me to look at it!

Thanks for that information Geoff. I never understood why so many hood patches were so far from the edge of the hood until your point about measuring without the molding being on. I have a car with that exact problem that someone else painted and it's killing me to look at it!
Mine, being 3" back was killing me too, but I got over it. I thought about having the hood repainted, but then, after a mishap with the garage door, I found out the paint used on my car is just about impossible to match, so it is what it is. And, as I said, I actually think it is better proportioned using the Graphics Express template as-is and back that extra inch.

Latest posts

Back