Hood Weight

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Love

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang
Does anyone know how much a flat 71-72 Mustang hood weighs

vs the Ram Air hood?

Thanks

The hoods each weight pretty close to the same amount, it is when you add the twist locks and the plenum on the underside that you see something close to a 20 pound weight gain and anyway you slice it they are heavy enough to fold into a Kia with left over metal.

they state the hood is about 100 pounds,,, i had a hood freighted to me about 8 years ago and the invoice was like 110 pounds.

however i have lifted my spare hood and it has to weight less then 100 since i can lift it although barely by myself.

i would have to say 80-90 pounds by itself.

they state the hood is about 100 pounds,,, i had a hood freighted to me about 8 years ago and the invoice was like 110 pounds.

however i have lifted my spare hood and it has to weight less then 100 since i can lift it although barely by myself.

i would have to say 80-90 pounds by itself.
I move my spare hood around by my self all of the time, I agree with the 80-90 lbs maybe even a little less.

All,

Tubo, I have to agree with you. I had to go back and read it again. Jeff's comment reminds me of how many times I ask, How many Toyota's can be made from one 1973 mustang fastback?

Kevin Love, I am not sure of the weight difference, but the flat hood has a specific hood spring and the NASA hood has springs with a flat edge on top and bottom to help differentiate between them. Make sure you have the correct hood spring installed. If not, the hood will drop on your head.

72HCODE invoice weight made me think, dog, no wonder they make something stretch when I try to pick it up.

Ouch!

mustang7173

well you have to work in the weight of the crate or packing material that gets added.

a hood i could only have shipped via Pallet on a truck.

Back