How do I know cleaning the fuel line is a lost cause?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I put 1/4” close cell form strips on the top since I added an in tank pump from Kilgon’s excellent pump tutorial. I’ve got all the bases covered on tubing. With this replacement, my fuel system is complete.

I’m a big believer in adding materials to reduce vibrations and increase the durability of these subsystems. I’m interested in testing the limit of traditional solutions. It’s probably why many of the things I ultimately do will not be generally approved of on this forum. I intend to keep this car for a long time, and use it as my daily driver when I’m at my Vaca home in AZ, so, there will be lots of miles and opportunity to test whether the changes I make, pass the test of time, or, turn out to be bad ideas. I’m willing to be that test. So, at some point on my build forum post, I’ll put some of those things I’ve done and wait for the warnings that I’m sure to hear. I want to wait till I’m done, so the finished product can be shown and explained. So, stay tuned there, and as always, thanks for caring I don’t kill myself 😬. Steve

A couple of other tips from when I did mine; I used 3/8" x 3 1/2" GAVALNIZED lag bolts, washers and nuts. No more rusted bolts if ever the tank needs to be dropped again. The trunk floor on this car was in supreme condition, like new literally, so I cleaned it and added a coat of "Fluid Film", a waxed rust preventer. I wish I'd taken a pic or two, but didn't.
Good luck and have fun with your car Steve.

Back